Chapter 58 - Soul mates. When two souls, are perfect mates.

Jogging back home from a quick two mile walk, Leah is there waiting for me, "Are you stalking me?" I wink, putting the key in the door we head inside.

"No I'm too slow to stalk." I smile.

"Fancy a hot chocolate? Coffee?" As I fling my coat on the sofa.

"Sounds good." I rubbed my back, the dull ache still there.

"Okay then," switching kettle on, "your back aching?"

I nodded, "Since last night. I've tried pain relief, heat pad, hot bath, and shower. Hunter tried but it just made it more uncomfortable."

"Want me to try and massage it?" Mixing the hot chocolate.

I shrugged, "Up to you. I can't do this for these months ahead."

"I can try," patting Leah on the shoulder, "you have to, part of it I'm sorry to say." I put the hot chocolates down, get Leah to relax and I begin working on her back.

I tried to stifle tears. The feeling of excitement wasn't there, and this was concerning.

I pull Leah into my arms, "Hey now, maybe tell Dr Martin next time you see him? Or me, definitely tell Hunter." I begin rocking her gently back and forth.

I spoke softly, "Hunter knows. Pre-partum is what the signs all point to. Not uncommon, but not good either." I hug my best friend.

"We are all here to help you through this." Kissing her forehead, my sister hurts and there isn't much I can do.

"Hunter said we'll be okay. He's not upset, things like this occur in life. It's why Lucas started the Paxil before. I'm always with Sebastian. I feel like I'm not being a good enough mom. I'm making it up to him, however I can." I'm sniffling.

"Hunter is right, you'll see it through," shocked, "Leah in my time I've seen worse parents than you, you're doing things, in time Sebastian will thank you for it, you love him loads, I know." Smiling and giving her another hug.

"The guilt is the worst. Ara I'm scared. At least last time I was excited." I've made a huge confession.

"Guilt haunts us all, we can't always do the best for loved ones," sighing, "take it a small step at a time."

I look at her, "Hunter has been supportive, I feel like I'm punishing him. They said this isn't uncommon." I sigh.

"You are punishing yourself by feeling like you are, but it's all part and parcel." I look directly at her.

I looked at her. Beautiful honey colored eyes looked back at me. Ara was so much more then anyone ever knew. "We have another appointment approaching soon."

"Want me to be your shadow?" I wink. When I look at Leah I see so much more than just a person, she was wonderful, if I could tell the whole world would know.

I nodded. "Dr. Martin is watching very closely with this pregnancy. Hunter is going to try and make it. He's helping kids after school."

I start laughing, "Now he sounds like a martyr."

I spoke softly, "He's always done it. Just trickier scheduling,"

Smiling, "Since I'm one of three birth coaches, want me to be life coach too?" Winking and sticking my tongue out.

I looked at her with a straight face. "Yes."

"I can only guide you, ultimately the decision will be yours." Taking a sip of hot chocolate.