Chapter 22

"Guess who's the new YG trainee?" He said.

I gasped in amazement. "No kidding."

He shook his head. "Remember that rap battle I had with Zico, P.O., and Kyung? Well, by then I decided to become a trainee. They said they loved my rap skills," He said proudly.

"OMO I'm so proud of you," My mother told him, pulling him into a hug.

"So .. my brother's going to be a rapper?" I asked cheerfully.

He nodded. "And my stage name shall be ... G-Dragon," He said, waving his hands in amazement.

"You should try out too, Chaerin. So we can both be rappers and be a duet, and then we'll be a duo and rap together, and make many comebacks and show the world our awesomeness, and then-"

"I'll pass .." I interjected. The thought of becoming an idol overwhelms me.

He chuckled. "You have other stuff to do anyways. Like going to the U.S. to study!"

"I think you should talk to Taeil, and to think about it, he's fixing to debut anytime soon. What will you guys do then?" My mom asked me.

I sighed. "I don't know."

"You should call or text him that you need to talk to him," G-Dragon suggested.

"Do you think he's still not over what happened?" I asked.

He shrugged. "But you two are going to have to confront each other sooner or later."

I sighed and got out my phone.

G-Dragon stood up. "Well, while you do what you're gonna do, I'm going to unpack my stuff. This house is amazing and filled with swag!" He jumped up and down excitedly.

I giggled and my mom did so too. My mom went to go make dinner and I was left alone in the living room with my phone in hand, staring at it, too nervous to text him.

All of a sudden, it vibrated and my ringtone came on. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it was Taeil calling. I nervously swiped to answer the call.

"Y-yoboseyo?" I asked in almost a whisper.

"Uh, Chaerin?" My heart pounded to hear Taeil.

"Ne," I said softly.

"I-I need to talk to you. I was mad over nothing."

"I need to talk to you too," I responded.

"Oh, um, when can we talk then?"

I giggled slightly. "We're talking right now but .. perhaps what we need to say is too important to say though phone."

I heard him chuckle, which made me feel more cheerful.

"Okay. Tomorrow after school, I'll go to your house. You live with your mom now, right?"

"Yes .. How did you know?"

"G-Dragon had told me before."

"So .. you knew?"

"Knew what?"

"About my dad.." I said nervously. What does he think of my dad?

"What about your dad?"

In my mind, I sighed in relief. G-Dragon didn't tell him everything.

"No, nothing. I-I'll see you tomorrow," I told him.