Chapter 7

Right when the sound of the doorknob was heard, I ran like a coward.

Yup. Like a coward.

It would've been weird to have been face to face with that person all of a sudden and he might've thought I'm a stalker or something. While I walked back to the gym, someone came up from behind me in the hallway.

"Boo!" They said, smacking my shoulders lightly. I squealed in reaction and turned to see ..

Oh my gosh, Kai. He smiled widely.

"Hey CL. Watcha doin'?" He asked.

"I was just .. you know, walking around," I said with a huge smile, still examining his face. He was flawless, no acne, no nothing.

"Maybe we should go to the park today?" He suggested. My heart fluttered to hear that.

"Yes!! I mean, sure." I corrected myself sheepishly. He simply chuckled and gently grabbed my hand. His action caused the butterflies to have a party in my stomach and for me to stand there frozen.

"I'll see you after practice then," he softly said. I gulped and nodded. All of a sudden, I heard something lightly hit the floor and some footsteps taking off running. I looked at the end of the hallway to only see a couple of sheets of paper on the floor but no one in sight. I looked up at Kai and he seemed confused as well. We walked up to the scenery and I picked up the papers.

It was a music sheet, for choir to be specific. The title of it was ..

Selene 6.23 ..

Looking at the other few papers that fell, they were just music sheets of songs I have heard from that voice from the past few days. Maybe these were his? Why would they drop their sheets and run off?

"That's weird, no one was even here and neither were these music sheets," Kai said. I nodded.

"I'll go return them to the choir room," Kai said as I handed him the papers in my hand.

"I'll see you later," he said with a wink and walked off. I silently squealed to myself, feeling like the luckiest girl in the world.

Yet, I still had a mystery to solve. What just happened?

*

"CL! You aren't listening," Kai said with a pout, interrupting my thoughts.

"Sorry, I kinda zoned out .." I lied. I was still thinking over what had happened earlier. A thump of papers falling down to the floor and footsteps taking off running. I'm not that good of a detective, so I'm clueless.

"So, um, Chaerin .. are you by chance, going to the dance?" Kai asked nervously, scratching the back of his neck as I froze.

He's gonna do it.

Oh my god, he's going to ask me to the dance.

"Um, yes .. why?" I asked, pretending to be curious. He opened his mouth, ready to speak and my heart fluttered as my ears pleaded to hear those words come out of their mouth.

"I was wondering if you would want to go to the dance with me .." He responded.

Nervous.

Gosh, I forgot how to say yes.

For some reason, my mouth refused to say a yes. Because instead of saying yes, I replied,"I, uh, I'll think about it."

What did I just do.

"Okay, I'll give you your time. Think wisely," he said with a wink. I blushed and nodded. He grabbed my hand and said, "Let's go to the mall, I don't want to be here at the park."