Chapter 8

"What?!" Taeil and I exclaimed at the same time. His face turned into a tomato red and he looked away.

"Mom!" He exclaimed.

"Sorry, just a thought .." She responded quite sheepishly. Me and Taeil? To the dance together?

"Do you have a date for the dance yet, Chaerin?" Umma asked.

"Well, not really .."

"Then why don't you go with Taeil? It could just be a friendly gesture," my mom reasoned.

"No mom, just no," I said, knowing her intentions. Mrs.Lee stood up from the couch and smiled.

"I think we have to go, it's late and it's a school night," she said. We said our goodbyes and when they were gone, my mom glared at me.

"What?" I said, glaring back.

"Why don't you want to go to the dance with Taeil?" She asked. I made a face.

"No, I'm Chaerin. He's Taeil," I told her. She raised an eyebrow.

"Taeil is a wonderful gentleman, I don't see why you'd never date him," she told me. I rolled my eyes.

"I date who I want. Plus, why do you want me to be with him so much? It's annoying, I don't like him!" I exclaimed. She chuckled.

"Oh, Chaerin, I hope you'll open your eyes soon. And you're heart," she said, walking away.

What did she mean by that .. ?

The next day, I was actually looking forward to coming to school since I was going to tell Kai I am going to the dance with him. While I walked through the hallways, I heard a familiar voice. I followed the sound and it led me to an empty hallway, except for two people. Two guys, to be specific, one was actually choking the other.

Wait, he's choking him. I quickly ran over to them and gasped in surprise.

"Kai!!" I yelled furiously, pulling him off the guy. Another surprise, it was Taeil, breathing his hardest and holding onto his neck that had Kai's red handprints.

"What were you doing?!" I shrieked at Kai frantically.

"How are you defending him?!" he yelled back.

"You were choking him!!" I yelled.

"So what?! I thought you didn't like him either!"

"Why would you choke someone?!"

"Because I just felt like choking the life out of this nerd!"

"You know what, get out of my sight. What you did was just unforgivable, and forget about me going to the dance with you!" I yelled. He simply laughed in response.

"Aw, boohoo, I just got rejected by CL the queenka. HA. You're nothing, girl. How pathetic, you think I care about you? I'll replace you like this, sweetie," he said, snapping a finger and smirked. Those words affected me greatly, bringing down my self-esteem.

"You don't deserve someone as handsome and great as me anyways," he said, walking away. I quickly rushed over to the injured Taeil and kneeled down next to him.

"Are you okay? Should we go to the nurse?" I asked him. He simply nodded, standing up. I noticed he had blood on his bottom lip and I gasped.

"Taeil, you're lip!"

"He *gasp* punched *gasp* me," he replied, still trying to catch his breath. I couldn't believe it, why did Kai do all this to him? I'll have to ask Taeil later. I told the nurse his situation and she went to go get he supplies she needed.