Chapter 16

"Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong is your brother," My mom said. I looked at her in great shock.

"He's .. My brother?" I said in disbelief. This can't be happening .. I barely met him yesterday and it comes out that, he's my brother?

"You already know him?" My mother asked.

"Met him yesterday. Why didn't you ever tell me I had a sibling?!" I shrieked. I was angry, furious, my blood was boiling to have been kept under ignorance for so long.

"Chaerin, I'm sorry-"

"Sorry doesn't cut it, are you kidding me?! What else are you hiding? You're not my real mother?!" I cried.

"I am, now stop yelling at me before I slap you!" She threatened.

"Do it," I hissed, raising an eyebrow and crossing my arms. She hesitated, looking at me whether she should or not. She has never laid a finger on me, will she dare to do so now?

She sighed in defeat and sat on the couch.

"It's .. A long long story. But, I know it was wrong to have kept that secret from you," She whispered. A felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" I squeaked.

"I had many reasons. You'd want to see your brother if you knew he existed so I never said anything. I swore to your father I'd never see him again, which he left, taking Ji Yong with him," She explained.

"He told Ji Yong about you, though. He's been asking your father for years to see you, and your father didn't agree until now .." She said.

"Why don't you want to?" I asked.

"I just don't," She replied. I have her my death glare.

"I haven't seen my father or sibling for as long as I could remember, and you don't want me to see them? How selfish of you!" I yelled. She stood up angrily.

"You're MY child!" She exclaimed.

"And HIS too! And so is Ji Yong!" I argued.

"You're not going to see them and that's final! Go to your room!" She said angrily.

I stood there, my eyes getting watery and feeling really warm, as if all the blood inside me is evaporating.

"Yeah, I'll go to my room .. Then I'll get the heck out of here .." I murmured, going upstairs and going to my room.

I grabbed a suitcase and started packing my things. If she doesn't want me to see my family, then too bad for her.

As soon as I was done packing, I went downstairs and before my mom could say anything, I was out the door, with a suitcase in my hand and wondering where to go.

I decided to call Dara, hoping she could let me stay the night. She agreed and so I walked to her house and knocked, and I was greeted by her.

"CL! Come in!" She exclaimed happily. I nodded and came in, and her older sister and younger brother were watching TV.

"Annyeong Chaerin Noona!" Her little brother, CheonDung greeted.

"Sup Thunder," I replied. Dara and I headed upstairs and went to her room and I set my suitcase on her bed.

"What happened?" She asked. I sighed.

"Like, you won't believe it," I said. She sat on the bed and waited for me to explain.

"I just found out that I have a sibling .. And my father and him want to see me, but my mom is not allowing it so I ran away because I want to see them," I explained.