Chapter 5

Taeil POV

I felt so happy the next day at school, because for the first time, I knew Chaerin enjoyed my company yesterday.

I was walking alone in the hallway, fixing to head to class until a pair of arms harshly grabbed my shoulders, causing me to turn around.

Oh, it's Kai. What does he want?

"Um, may I help you?" I said. He gave me a death glare, the ones that make anyone run like a coward.

"Trying to be the little smart one, huh?" He coldly said. He pushed me against the red lockers, causing my back to ache.

"Listen, you nerd. Stay away from Chaerin, she's mine," he demanded. Oh, so that's what he wants. I might be a little intimidated right now, but I must defend myself.

I pushed him away from me and glared back. "What, you're scared a nerd like me can take her away from you?"

His face immediately changed. He looked at me in shock, and I know he's surprised someone stood up to him.

"Of course not-"

"It's possible. After all, I don't think Chaerin could like such a douche bag-" I was interrupted by his blow to my stomach.

Ow, my beautiful stomach. It hurt, and it hurt BAD.

"She'll never like you, leave her alone, she doesn't want you!" He yelled and left. I kneeled down, feeling my stomach in pain. I couldn't breathe well at all, this was bad.

"Taeil! What's wrong?!" I heard someone ask. How great, it's Chaerin, seeing me in this terrible condition. She kneeled down next to me.

"What happened?" She asked worriedly. I shook my head.

"Nothing, nothing happened," I lied. I know she wouldn't be very happy with what happened, I can't tell her. Plus, she likes Kai. She'll think I'm trying to separate them or something.

"Let's go to the nurse-"

"Aniyo. It's okay," I said, standing up slowly. That pain was still there, but it was fading away.

"Are you sure? Taeil, what happened, seriously?" She asked.

"I just felt something in my stomach. It was probably something I ate," I lied. She looked at me weirdly.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded. She looked at me and shook her head in disbelief.

"I don't know what happened, but, I hope you feel better. I'll stop bothering you about it."

I gave her a weak smile to show her I was going to be okay. "Let's go to class."

Walking into the classroom with her, Kai was at the very back, giving me the death glare, which I think I'll get used to soon.

To let him know I was not afraid of him, I still talked to Chaerin. I told her a few nerdy jokes to make her laugh, I know they're not quite funny but that's why they're funny.

Did I even make sense at that?

I don't think so.

When the bell rang, the whole class went on to their next class and I was still there packing up. I guess that's what I get for having a bunch of supplies out.

"Hey, you!" I heard someone exclaim. Oh, the irritation. I looked up to see Kai once again.

"Use your nerdiness to see that Chaerin doesn't want you."

"We're friends, and you can't change that."

He harshly grabbed my collar, pulling me up. I was on my tippy toes now, because this dark dude is like a foot taller. Okay, exaggeration, but still.