Chapter 6

Chaerin POV

And it's another boring day at school, a couple of days have passed as Kai hasn't even rescheduled our date.. I mean, that's what I call it.

When the announcements were on in the morning, everyone was listening to the announcements quietly.

'On Friday, October 16 we will be having our Fall Dance, the tickets are only $5 and you can buy them during lunch at the cafeteria. We hope you dress appropriately and see you at Seoul High School's Fall Dance'

Everyone started getting all excited, giggling to their friends about who they wish to go with to the dance. Since none of my friends are in this class except for Taeil, I just stayed quiet. Speaking of Taeil, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see his braces-showing grin.

"Are you going to the dance?" He asked. Oh gosh. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't even, Taeil. Don't even." I said, turning back around.

"It was just a question, Chaerin. It's not like I'm going to ask you to go to the dance with me." I heard him say.

Oh.

For some reason, hearing those words come out of his mouth made me feel ...

No, nothing. I don't feel upset. I'm happy he wasn't planning to, it's not like I'd even say yes. It would be such an embarrassment.

"Unless you want me to ask you to the dance, then I'll gladly do it," I heard him say from behind me, and I somehow felt him smile widely.

I felt my cheeks burn, oh no. I tried to calm myself but I knew my cheeks were red. It was just a reaction, guys. Nothing else.

"No, Taeil." I responded coldly.

"If you say so.."

Lunchtime soon came and 2NE1(that's what we call ourselves, just in case I haven't said so) was sitting in the table we always sat in, once again.

"Oh my gosh I'm so excited about the dance!" Bom exclaimed, squealing.

"I don't wanna go," Minzy replied.

"Why not?" I asked her.

"Surely, you'll go with Kai, Dara will go with Chanyeol, and Bom will find a date to go with so I'll be alone," she explained.

"I never said I was going with Chanyeol?" Dara said.

"You will when he asks you," I told her with a glare. She only smiled and blushed.

"Minji, we'll go together! We'll dance and everything like best friends do! Who needs Dara and CL!" Bom told Minzy with aegyo.

"I'm offended!" I exclaimed as they two laughed.

"Wait, has Kai asked you yet?" Dara asked me. I looked at over at the table where Kai was eating and happily talking to his friends Chanyeol, Luhan, Baekhyun, and Sehun. I shook my head.

"I haven't even talked to him today."

"Then he'll probably ask you today after cheer practice," Bom supposed. I nodded.

"I hope so."

"Well, you know who you can always go with.." Dara said with a giggle. I glared at her with my deathly stare. Sadly, she's used to it so she just giggled even more.

"Yah! That would be so embarrassing!" I shrieked.

"What would be so embarrassing, Chaerin?" I heard someone ask.

Oops..

"Oh hey Taeil! We're just talking about, uh,"

"Going to the mall with no shoes on!" Minzy interrupted Bom, helping her out. We all nodded.

"Oh, those are some nice conversations." Taeil said quite awkwardly. I don't know whether I'm embarrassed from his awkward response or that he almost would've gotten his feelings hurt again.

"Hey Chaerin!" I heard someone exclaim from behind Taeil.

"Oh, hey Kyung! Long time no see," I told Kyung with a smile. He flashed a cute teeth-showing smile and nodded. His eyes landed on one person of us four, and I turned to see who he was looking at.

Bom.

He smiled widely and introduced himself.

"Hello, I'm Taeil's and Chaerin's friend, Park Kyung," he said with a bow and shook hands with Minzy, Dara and Bom while his handshake with Bom's lasted longer than Minzy's and Dara's combined.

That boy still smiled widely and stared intensely at Bom. Bom also seemed to be swooning over him, or that was my imagination.

"We kinda have to go, Kyung, c'mon," Taeil said, trying to get Kyung to follow him along. We slightly giggled, Kyung was extremely amazed by Bom. When they left, we laughed loudly.

"Awwwww Bommie had a crush!" Dara exclaimed, pinching Bom's chubby cheeks as they turned red.

"Aniyoooo~!" She denied, covering her red face.

"Oh my god, it could be a double date! You and Kyung, CL and Taeil!" Dara exclaimed happily. At that, my mood went down to zero.

"Shut up, Dara. Shut .. Up." I said with a serious face. Her eyes widened as she covered her mouth.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"See? I guess I'll be going alone, then." Minzy said with a sigh.

"Aish, Minzy. You'll find someone, girl. Trust me," Bom said with a cute smile.

"Miss, may I go to the restroom?" I asked the coach once again.

"Chaerin, you always ask everyday," The coach said. I pouted.

"It's because none of my teachers let me go during school," I whined. She sighed.

"Fine, go. Hurry, though."

I smiled and happily got up. I walked down the hallway and that familiar voice was heard once again, causing me to smile.

I put my ear against the choir room and I could almost hear their voice very clearly. The more I heard it, the more .. familiar it sounded. I just don't remember where I've heard it.

Their voice was like a medicine, I can't say drug because it is completely harmful. It makes me feel relaxed, joyful. They stopped once again, and my heart pounded.

"That was so good! You should really be in choir!" The choir teacher exclaimed.

"Kamsahabnida ma'am. Well, I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow Miss!" The voice exclaimed. I heard footsteps walking towards the door, walking towards me. I panicked.

Do I stay here?

Do I let them open the door so we can be face to face?

Should I just leave?

I'm staying. I want to see this boy's face, the owner of that angelic voice.

Who's the owner of that angelic voice?