Chapter 9

When I walked home, I said nothing to my mom about what happened today. She also might freak out thinking I like Taeil or something, and that's not what I want. And it's not true.

I was laying down on the couch of our living room, watching TV and texting my friends. All of a sudden, I heard my mom's phone ring and she answered it. It was surely Mrs.Lee since she got so excited about whatever she was told on the phone. Gossipy moms.

When she hung up, she ran into the living room and stood in front of the TV, blocking my view.

"Uh, mom, I was watching that.." I told her, leaning right and left trying to see the TV screen.

"You agreed to go to the dance with Taeil?!" She asked. I'm not sure whether she was happy or not. I slowly nodded and sighed. This is why I didn't want her to know. Her face lightened.

"Why didn't you say anything?! We need to go shopping! Now!" She exclaimed, grabbing my hand and out the door we went. This will take a while ..

**

"Ugh, no mom! It looks weird!" I complained, looking at the green zebra dress I had on. I'm so glad I'm skinny and I fit well in everything, but this dress was just weird.

"Try this one!" She responded, putting another dress in my dressing room. I rolled my eyes and took it. It's been like the tenth dress and I don't even want to be here.

"Brown? Seriously?" I told her.

"Fine, hold up," I heard her say. I heard her keyboard of her phone and her fingers press the letters quickly, then she got a response. Who is she texting when her daughter is dying over here?

"We need to find you a light blue dress, gosh there's so many!" She exclaimed.

"I'll go choose it, you have terrible taste," I spat, putting my clothes back on. She scoffed and I heard her leave. I got out of the dressing room and went towards all the light blue dresses. Wait, why do I need light blue?

"Why does it specifically have to be light blue?" I asked my mom which was looking for one on the other side.

"Um, the color suits you," she responded.

"Why not red? I like red," I told her, pointing at the red dresses as some of their glitter shined. She simply shook her head and kept looking.

"I bet if I were to be going with someone else, you wouldn't be taking me here .." I muttered.

"I know I wouldn't," she responded. I rolled my eyes.

"Why does this world want me with Taeil? It's annoying," I spat. My real reason for saying that? It's that I'm on the verge of liking him, THAT'S WHAT.

Yes, Lee Chaerin admits she is almost ever so close to falling for the nerd. Well, to myself. Admitting things to yourself is a lot of work, you know.

I think it's been all that time we spend together, whether it's the times he follows me everywhere at school to when he comes over to my house, he talks to me and makes my heart flutter, and I'm getting worried. What if I do like him? I can't, I just can't, I'm Chaerin, he's Taeil, it can't happen.

Yet, another side tells me that it's possible. It's possible and I can't control my future ..

"How about this one?" My mom suggested, holding up a dress that reached to mid thigh. It was pretty, the top had glitter and designs and the bottom was like a princess's dress, only smaller.

"Wow, it's actually pretty for once," I said. She glared at me and I laughed.

"Try it on," she ordered. I took it and went to the dressing rooms once again.