Chapter 10

The next morning, all four of us walked to school together.

"The dance is today!" Dara squealed.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to it as well but I really don't know what's going to happen at the dance. Taeil's a friend, I shouldn't be feeling ashamed to go with him. I also feel guilty for looking down on him like that, I've been becoming too nice lately..

"I'm going with Min Ho!" Bom announced.

"Choi Minho or Lee Min Ho?" Minzy asked.

"Lee Min Ho, of course!"

"The dude in theatre?" I asked. She nodded happily.

"He asked me yesterday when we got out of cheer practice," Bom said.

"And we all know who Minzy is going with.." I said, nudging her. She blushed.

"Yeah, Daesung asked the through a note he gave me during history class.." Minzy admitted.

"Awww, too cute!" Dara exclaimed.

"CL, you have a date to the dance, right?" Bom asked. They all waited for my response and I can't keep lying anymore, they're going to see me at the dance anyways.

"I'm going with Taeil .." I said in a quiet voice. Bom gasped.

"Omg ! I knew you liked him! Ahh!" Bom squealed in happiness, doing a mini celebration. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I don't like him! It's that I .. Was kinda obligated," I told them. "My mom made me since he's my mom's best friend's son."

That was pretty much half the truth, so it can't count as lying. Right?

"Just hope your popularity won't go down," Minzy told me. Dara slapped her arm.

"Popularity doesn't matter, when are you two going to notice that?!"

"How are you the one saying that?" Minzy said with a glare.

"Um, girls .." Bom tried to say.

"It's not the popularity, it's that I don't like him that way and that's final," I said, crossing my arms.

"Are you sure there's no butterflies in there when he talks to you?" Dara asked, poking my stomach. I slapped her hand and glared.

"No!" I lied. She giggled.

"Stupid butterflies .." I muttered. "They don't mean anything at all. I don't like him."

Bom sighed. "Open your eyes, Chaerin. You're in love~" she sang. I shook my head.

"No! Never did, never will!" I opposed. My conscience kept bothering me, telling me to stop this and to realize my feelings, but I won't. I can't fall in love with him.

"It's okay, quit denying," Dara said. I sighed.

"I don't like him!"

"We'll see this afternoon," Bom said happily. I rolled my eyes.

During algebra class, I walked in and Taeil smiled brightly at me.

"You know what today is?!" He asked happily. I simply nodded, showing no expression.

"I know, I'm excited too," Taeil said, patting my back. I grunted.

"What's so exciting about going to the dance with you?"

"That it will be so much fun. Be honest for once, Chaerin. Let me hear you're excited about tonight-"

"No."