Chapter 4

Taeil POV

That had hurt. And it hurt a lot. Especially to have been intimidated by that giant Kai. Did Chaerin even care I was right next to her, hearing their whole conversation?

He literally asked her to hang out with him right in front of me. And she said yes, right in front of me.

Honestly, I don't see where Kai gets his popularity from. I mean, he bullies everyone and fights with all the other guys except for Chanyeol and a few others.

When I led Chaerin to my room, she walked around to see the stuff in it. Looking at my anime posters, she said,"You must love anime."

"Yeah, I love it. Especially when you don't need English subtitles."

She looked at me in confusion. "You know Japanese?"

"Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese. I'm learning some European languages now." I said proudly. She looked at me in surprise as I felt happy to know she was amazed.

"Do you know how to play that?" She said, pointing to the piano in the corner. I nodded.

You see, she always judged me based on my looks, but we never had an actual conversation where we talked about each other, so she barely knows anything about me. Take the piano and languages for example. That is why I offered her my friendship. If she can't be my beautiful girlfriend yet, then she might as well get to know me as friends. Better than nothing.

"Do you remember the paper I let you copy at school?" I asked. She nodded. I went to my book shelf and got out my algebra textbook.

"Well, have a seat, because I'm going over the whole topic of that paper, that way you actually learned something from it," I said cheerfully as she sighed heavily.

"I knew you weren't just going to let me copy.." She said, melting me with her beaming glare.

Gosh, those eyes.

I adore them.

They're beautiful.

I chuckled and started giving her a whole lesson, well, two. The other one is to never copy off someone's paper.

Cheating is bad, guys.

Maybe only we nerds say that because we never even have the need to copy. Hehe ;)

When I finished teaching her the lesson, she sighed in relief.

"Finally!"

I chuckled. "Not so fast, princess. We're going to work some problems through so well be sure you learned the lesson." I went to go get notebook paper, and when I turned back around, Chaerin was laying down onm my bed with her face dug into a pillow.

"C'mon Chaerin, time to work."

"I don't wanna!" She whined. I walked up to my bed and shook her slightly.

"It's just a few equations-"

"Ew, equations."

"Chaerin, c'mon."

"You're the worst friend ever."

"Thanks. Now let's get going."

I received no response from her. I feel like she worked hard enough trying to stay awake when I was talking, so I decided to give her a break.

"Fine, I guess we don't have to do so."

She sat up, sighing in relief. "Thank you!"

"But don't you remember today's homework? We still have to work on that one too," I told her. Her mouth dropped and her face filled with worry and shock.