Juliana of Wales

Princess Juliana

Princess Juliana of Wales ( Juliana Mary Charlotte; born 1 June 1989) is a member of the British royal family

Princess Juliana of Wales ( Juliana Mary Charlotte; born 1 June 1989) is a member of the British royal family. She is the only daughter of Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, and Diana, Princess of Wales. She is eighth in line to succeed her grandmother Queen Elizabeth II.

Juliana was born in the Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospitalin Paddington, London, on 1 June 1989 at 2:20 pm as the third child and only daughter of Charles, Prince of Wales, heir apparent to Queen Elizabeth II, and Diana, Princess of Wales. She was baptised with the names Juliana Mary Charlotte, on 21 August 1989, at St Mary Magdalene Church, by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Robert Runcie.

Her godparents are Prince Andrew (her paternal uncle); Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones (her paternal cousin once removed); Carolyn Bartholomew (née Pride); Earl Spencer (her maternal uncle); and Celia, Lady Vestey (née Knight).

Diana wanted Juliana and her older brothers, William and Harry, to have a broader range of experiences than previous royal children and took them to venues that ranged from Disney World and McDonald's to AIDS clinics and shelters for the homeless.

Juliana's parents divorced in 1996, and her mother died in a car crash in Paris the following year. Juliana, Harry and William were staying with their father at Balmoral at the time, and the Prince of Wales told his children about their mother's death.

Juliana wasn't allowed to attend her mother's funeral due to the family feeling as though she wouldn't understand what was going on.

Like her father and brothers, Juliana was educated at independent schools. She started at Jane Mynors' nursery school and the pre-preparatory Wetherby School, both in London. Following this, she attended Ludgrove School, and, after passing the entrance exams, was admitted to Gordonstoun.

After attending Institut Alpin Videmanette (a finishing school in Rougemont, Switzerland) for one term. Juliana returned to London, where she shared her mother's flat with two friends.

In 2008, Juliana disappeared from the public eye and had not been seen since then but in 2012, she joined social media platform Instagram where she has more than hundred and sixty million followers.

In 2013, Juliana received a doctorate in management from the University of Edinburgh since then she has worked with various charitable organizations and became a UNICEF ambassador at the age of seventeen.

In 2014, The Royal Foundation of Princess Juliana, was set up as the main vehicle for her future charitable activities and through raising sustainable sources of funds, the Foundation is able to make charitable grants and support projects of particular interest.

In 2016, it had been revealed that Juliana has majority shareholder of Wales & Moon Holdings, is a property development and multinational financial services corporation based in London, United Kingdom. Juliana is vice chairman of the board's governance committee.

In 2018, Juliana started the Princess Juliana Trust, which provides grants to students under the age of 25 who are in financial need, wanting to further their education and supports social entrepreneurs and organizations working in education and immigration reform, social justice, media and journalism and conservation through partnerships, grants and investments around the world.