C H A P T E R • O N E

• • • •

NOVEMBER 16, 2010

• • • •

His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton are engaged to be married

Published 16 November 2010

The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince William to Miss Catherine Middleton.

The wedding will take place in the Spring or Summer of 2011, in London. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.

Prince William and Miss Middleton became engaged in October during a private holiday in Kenya. Prince William has informed The Queen and other close members of his family. Prince William has also sought the permission of Miss Middleton's father.

Following the marriage, the couple will live in North Wales, where Prince William will continue to serve with the Royal Air Force.

• • • •

Juliana sat on the couch with Daniel as she watched her eldest brother and Catherine take photos at their engagement photo-call on the television

"Did you know about their engagement?" Daniel asked.

Juliana nodded.

"Of course, I did but I didn't know Harry gave William, our mum's ring to propose to Catherine with it." Juliana answered as the camera zoomed in on the Princess Diana's engagement ring on Catherine's ring finger.

" Juliana answered as the camera zoomed in on the Princess Diana's engagement ring on Catherine's ring finger

"Harry had the ring?" Daniel asked.

"When our mum passed, we had to pick something of hers that we wanted to have and Harry chose her engagement ring." Juliana replied.

"Well, that was nice of him to let William have the ring to propose to Catherine with it." Daniel said.

"I guess it is nice on her." Juliana said.