the writer pt.2

I shove my hand into my sweatshirt pocket and adjust the bag in my hand as I go up the elevator to the apartment Harry and Tom are staying in during filming. We got the day off due to the weather being a complete nightmare, so we decided to have a movie day and swap favorites. "Guys, open up, I brought junk food." I call as I knock on the door.

It swings open and Harry appears on the other side with a wide smile, "Have I told you that you're the best?"

"Yeah, but it wouldn't hurt for you to say it again." I tease him with a quick hug as we head inside and collapse on the couch. "So, where do we wanna start?"

"You'll see." He grins and opens up a bag of chips as the movie starts.

Two movies in, Tom and I can't stop arguing over which movie we think is better. Of course, it leads to us shouting at each other until he starts tickling me, while Harry just watches the situation unfold with amusement. "Say it."

"N-never." I stutter through the giggles as I try and fail to push his hands away, "You'll never make me say it."

"Because you know it's true." He says as he continues the torture, and I nearly fall off the couch trying to get away from it. Luckily, I manage to get a handful of popcorn and toss it in his face. "Oh, now it's on."

I scramble to my feet and dart behind the couch, "You'll never catch me." Harry laughs as I run through the apartment while he chases after me, and I manage to do pretty well. Until I slip on the hardwood floor and fall straight on my butt.

Tom quickly follows and nearly lands on top of me, but he recovers quicker than I can and continues to tickle me. "C'mon, admit it."

"N-never." I manage to wheeze, "Goonies is so much better."

"It's pointless. I've already tried." Harry calls, and I look up at Tom with a childish grin.

"You're lucky you're cute, L/N." He tells me with a mock glare, and I feel my chest get a little bit tighter at the phrase.

"I'm cute?" I question, which make Tom's cheeks turn a bright shade of pink. "Hey, you're the one that said it."

"Oh, just date already." Harry calls from his spot on the couch. I can't look Tom in the eye as we both stand up and pretend nothing happened. Of course, Harry can't have that. "Seriously? You're not even gonna acknowledge what just happened?"

I tug my sleeves over my fingers and attempt to bury myself in the fabric. "Can we just start the movie back up?" Harry nods and resumes the movie, but as it continues, the two of them whispers to each other long after it finishes.

"Hey, Y/N? You're a writer, right?" Harry asks out of the blue. "I mean, you like writing scripts and want to do that as part of your career?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Well," Harry continues with a quick glance at Tom before he continues, "We have a project we'd like you to help us with. I actually have a powerpoint with all the reasons you should join the project."

The prospect makes me instantly perk up in my seat, "Really? Of course. What's the project?" Harry and Tom both smile widely as we spend the next hour and half talking about every little detail about it, which only makes me more excited. "Oh my gosh, this sounds amazing. Are you sure you want me to help?"

"I'm getting the powerpoint!" Harry shouts as he launches himself from the couch.

"Are you kidding? You're great." Tom tells me with a soft, encouraging smile.

"Okay, I'll do it," I smile, and Harry's face falls as he hears the comment.

"Dang it, you already convinced her. There is one condition though." Harry looks up at me grinning like a villain. "If we're going to do this, something has to be done about you two. So, you two have to go on at least one date."