miss americana & the heartbreak prince pt. 6

I smile and stare with wide eyes at the sights of Berlin that blurs past the window. "This is amazing."

"Yeah, it's pretty cool." Peter says as he continues to record everything. "Smile for the camera."

"Pete," I laugh and push it away, "c'mon, just enjoy this moment."

"I am, but I also wanna remember every second of this." He wraps his arm around my waist. "Do you think Mr. Stark will let us stay long enough to check some of the sights out? Maybe even get lunch or dinner to celebrate our anniversary?"

"Maybe, but right now, I just wanna focus on making a good impression with him." I rest my head on Peter's shoulder. "I mean, what if I mess up? He said we're gonna have to fight, and—and I don't even have any powers or training. And I can't screw this up."

"You won't." He whispers and presses a kiss to my temple. "I'm gonna be right there watching your back the whole time, and even without special training or powers, you manage to take down as many criminals as I do. Mr. Stark is bound to be impressed."

"Yeah, but you're obligated to say that as my boyfriend." I reply and look up at the massive hotel we're staying at. It stretches impossibly tall into the sky, and far grander than anything I've ever seen before.

"Come on, we need to get you checked in and ready for when Tony needs you." Happy tells us as the car comes to a stop.

Peter finally puts down his camera as he takes my bag off my shoulders—like the chivalrous boyfriend he is. I follow after him, half distracted by the awe of how grand the hotel is. I've only ever seen places like this in pictures and the occasional shopping trip in Manhattan for Christmas.

The only thing that dampens my excitement is wondering what exactly happened with Captain America—what could be so bad that he would fight Mr. Stark—and for him to bring Peter and I in to fight. Maybe it's because he needed an element of surprise? Hardly anyone knows Spiderman and Iron Heart, which means they'd have no idea what we can do.

The question keeps spinning around in my head. Even as we all go to our separate rooms, I'm too caught up in my own thoughts and worry to hear Happy's instructions. Peter must though because he heads off into his room. "I'm sorry. What was that?" I ask looking at the older man.

Happy just sighs, "I said you should get settled in—we leave in an hour." He turns away, walking down to the room next to Peter's, calling over his shoulder. "And Tony left something for each of you."

"Thank you." I call after him, which makes him stop for a second. He looks over his shoulder at me and offers a half smile with the shake of his head before disappearing into his room.

I scan my keycard and head inside. My breath gets knocked out of me as I look around. The suite is bigger than my whole apartment, and I swear, the bed is so comfy, if I lay down, I'll never want to get back up. Which is why I specifically don't do anything more than sit on the edge.

There's still so many questions in my head about what's going to happen. It makes it hard to focus, but everything goes quiet when I see the sleek silver case. My heart pounds in my chest as I flip it open.

Inside lays a beautiful, sleek suit that's somehow better than anything I could have dreamed of. It's the same colors as my old one, with placements of the traditional Iron Man armor where I would take the most hits. I can't help but smile as I notice the note. "We can work you up to an Iron suit, but for now, do it justice. — Tony"

"I'm gonna do my best." I whisper in reply, and as I put the suit on, I'm thankful it's not a full iron suit. The paneling makes it feel like a suit of armor, while still allowing me my full range of motion.