Chapter 53 - Fire and ashes

I sat in the office. "Alright so ultrasound shows four weeks, three days. Due date is September 17th, 2014. Your vitals are great. You seem in better spirits as well." He smiled.

"I am. I have one issue, my breasts are really hurting on the side still." 

He nodded, "We're going to start you on an antibiotic. Slight case of mastitis. Hot shower, and massage the affected area." 

I smiled, "Sounds good." 

He smiled, and stood up, "Alright so schedule your next appointment before you leave. I want to see you at eight weeks."

 I nodded, "Sounds good." I left the office, after scheduling my appointment.

I had errands to run, before I had to be at work at three o’clock. Rose, and Esme had Sebastian at home. I felt bad leaving him. He was in good spirits, as usual. Nothing seems to upset that little boy. I think the only time he cries is when he’s tired, or hungry. He’s so even tempered. It’s amazing watching him. He rolls around. He sits up with support. The milestones he makes just amaze me. I feel like he’s growing up too fast. 

I arrived at the school, and parked. I headed inside with lunch in hand, and the ultrasound picture. "Hi Mrs. Emerson." Mrs. Donovan the secretary looked up, as I signed in; grabbing a visitor pass. "You have an ultrasound picture." she remarked. 

I grinned, "Four weeks." 

Mrs. Donovan smiled, "Congrats." I left heading to Hunters classroom.

"Hi there. This is a pleasant surprise." Hunter smiled setting down The Bell Jar. I walked over, and handed over the ultrasound picture. "Is that?" He took it looking at it. 

"Four weeks, three days. September 17th." I grinned.

His class was listening with a heightened interest. 

"Class this is my wife, Leah. Sweetheart this is one of my classes." 

I smiled, and waved, "Hello." 

They waved back, and said hello. 

"So guys, I may not be in for a few days next year. I'm going to be a dad again." 

One of the students spoke up, "Oh my gosh your kids will be close."

Hunter nodded, "Yes they will. Fifteen months apart roughly."

His class cheered, "Papa Emerson." 

He laughed, "Julian Christopher." 

A girl laughed, "What about a girls name?" 

Hunter smiled, "Julie Christina." 

I smiled. 

"Now class, homework tonight. Chapters two, and three. I want you to pick a quote that sticks out to you. You’ll need to break down, and explain what Sylvia was saying.  The final part is why you chose it. This lady here, she knows this book like the back of her hand. So she'll be overseeing it with me." He nudged me. The class laughed. "Leah show them."