22: Spilled Secrets

[A/N] Guys, I'm going to go on a huge updating spree starting November 26, 2014. My school has a small Thanksgiving break from that Wednesday to Monday, and I'm going to try and write one chapter a day (disincluding Thanksgiving). :)

OMG FOUR IS SO GOOD, COMMENT YOUR FAVORITE SONGS.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I sit there, completely and utterly speechless. Not only am I paralyzed with shock, but I am also baffled by my own feelings.

Aaron kissed me, and surprisingly, I am not disgusted by it. In fact, you could say that I enjoyed it.

I still remember the kiss I got from him at Al's party, how gentle and hesitant it was. That one doesn't count because it was forced, so that's why I never thought anything of it. This time though, he kissed me on his own accord.

My fingers graze over the spot on my cheek where his lips were five seconds ago; I can still feel the shape of his lips there, as if he had never left. And in a way, I wish he hadn't.

I watch Aaron warm up with his teammates, kicking the ball back and forth between his feet before kicking it up in the air and passing it to a player 40 feet away him. They continue to kick it back to each other at a fast and steady pace until their coach blows the whistle. All the guys run to the sidelines to have a team huddle before the start of the game.

"Hey, aren't you that girl that was at the diner a couple weeks ago?" a feminine voice asks from behind me.

I turn around to see Aaron's co-worker walking down the bleachers. She takes a seat next to me without any hesitation. "Um, yeah, that's me," I reply cooly, "and you're Jillian, right?"

She nods, pouting playfully at me as she pushes her hair behind her ears. "Aw, you broke his heart when you ditched him."

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, he was planning on asking you out, but that didn't exactly work," Jillian laughs.

"What?! That can't be!" I reply. We were barely even friends back then, and he wanted to date me? A cold person like me? Can't be...

"Oh, it is, doll. He was so angry with himself when he messed it up.."

I turn my attention back to the game, but I'm still extremely interested in what else she has to say. "Well, he still hasn't said anything to me," I reply, watching a player on the opposing team head-butt the ball to one of his teammates. Aaron intercepts the play, takes possession of the ball, and drives it down field. He passes it to Zander, who kicks it into the net.

1-0 East Valley.

"He will. Just give him time. He'll get the guts to do it eventually," she comments.

We watch the rest of the game together in a friendly silence. However, my mind refuses to focus on the soccer match, and instead, I spend the game thinking about Aaron.

I literally can't figure that kid out. I thought maybe he just wanted to be my friend, but I guess this explains why he never leaves me alone.

I watch his tall, muscular figure fight for the ball as the opposing team's player attempts to drive it towards the goal. Aaron easily intercepts the pass and kicks the ball towards his teammate. He plays rhythmically and flawlessly, reminding me of the time when he effortlessly played the drums during his audition.

The game drags out until 7 PM, and we end up winning by five points. All the fans, including Jillian and me, applaud their performance.

"Well that was fun," Jillian comments, walking down the bleachers alongside me. "It's not a shock that they won, though. Lake Saranona isn't all that good of a team."

"Agreed," I conclude as Aaron comes marching over to us. His bandanna is damp with sweat, and his forehead glistens under the stadium lights. 

A wide smile stretches across his face, reaching his hazel eyes. "That was awesome! Did you see that goal that Greg got? Amazing!" he says, exhilarated on adrenaline.

Aaron's smile morphs into a confused frown when he notices Jillian by my side. "When did you get here?" he asks, confused.

"What? Do you not like seeing my beautiful face supporting you at your games?" she playfully snaps, nudging his chest with her elbow.

He narrows his eyes at her, suspiciously glancing between the two of us. After about three slow and awkward seconds of his eyes flashing back and forth, he sighs, giving up. "Okay, whatever, but the guys are throwing an after party at Zander's house. You guys want to go?"

Jillian says yes at the exact same time that I say no.

"Callie!" she whines, tugging on my arm. "You're no fun, you have to go."

"Netflix is waiting for me at home," I complain, flashing her puppy dog eyes and sticking out my bottom lip. "I want to go home."

"Um, no," she concludes, turning to Aaron, who's unlacing his cleats. "We're going. I'll drive my car over, and you can take Callie."

Aaron looks up at me for confirmation with a raised eyebrow. "You don't have to go if you don't want to."

I bit on my lip. "Are you going?"

"Only if you want to," he replies, heaving his bag on his shoulder. He twirls his keys around his pointer finger.

Jillian laughs. "You both sound like the married couples I wait on at the diner."

Aaron's gaze hardens, warning her to turn it down a couple of notches. The glare disappears as quickly as it came as his hazel eyes flash back to mine.

"I guess I'll go," I end up saying.

Jillian squeals with delight, clapping her hands. "Yay, let's go!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N] Sorry about the late update, but I've been so so busy and needed to focus on school. I got a 70% on my Calc test, which is not good....

ANYWAYS FOUR IS SO GOOD!!! Lol Act My Age makes me laugh so hard and Stockholm Syndrome is awesome too. LOUIS FINALLY HAS A SONG OF HIS OWN TOO!!! (No Control)