63: Prom

[A/N] HOLY FUDGE MADE IN THE A.M. IS OUT AND ITS AMAZING. COMMENT YOUR FAVORITE SONGS! mine are I Want to Write You a Song, Never Enough, Walking in the Wind, and If I Could Fly.

And I know this chapter couldn't be accessed a bit ago, that's because I unpublished it to revise it :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"You look really nice, Callie," my dad says as I walk down the stairs in my prom dress.

"Deja vu, dad," I laugh, pushing a curl out of my face.

"I'm serious, Cal. You look fantastic." His face hardens. "Which makes me a bit worried. Anthony's good to you, right?"

"Oh my gosh, for the billionth time, his name is Aaron," I reply, rolling my eyes.

The doorbell rings, and I open it to see Aaron dress in a tux. His face lights up when our eyes meet, his gaze lowering and darkening when he notices the deep, v-line of my dress.

"Eyes up, son," my dad tells him, raising his eyebrows.

Aaron turns pink, coughing into his hand.

"Alright, dad, I'll see you tomorrow morning, okay? The after party is going to be until 2 A.M."

He sighs. "Alright, just be careful. No drinking, okay?"

"Yes, yes, alright, bye."

"Have fun, Callie."

Once my dad closes the door, I punch Aaron in the arm. "I can't believe you eyed me in front of my dad."

"What? I couldn't help it. You look beautiful."

Now it's my turn to turn pink. "Alright, alright, I forgive you, let's just go."

We race towards the country club located on the other side of town. We get there to find tons of people walking toward the castle-like building. The only parking space we could find was in the very back of the lot, right next to Charlie's truck.

Aaron hops out of the car and runs around the front to open my door for me. "My lady," he muses with a dimpled smile, offering a hand.

I take his hand, hoping out of the car and straightening out my dress. "Thanks, babe."

Hand and hand, we follow other students towards the backside of the building, where the garden is. Sitting along the fountain's edge, I spot Luke, Shay, Charlie, and Al.

"Hey, everyone," I greet.

"Don't you mean everybody?" Charlie replies with an infectious grin.

I blink. "Um, I don't understand why it matters, but sure, whatever floats your boat, Charlie."

"You look so nice, Callie!" Shay squeals, getting up and hugging me tightly.

"Aw, kids, get together!" Shay's mom says, holding her camera to her eye. "Say cheese!"

All of us get together and smile for the camera. Aaron and Shay sandwich me as her mom snaps a couple photos. She then whisks Luke and Shay away. "C'mon, cuties, I want to get some shots of you two by the flowers over there."

We watch them walk away, and the rest of us sit on the lip of the fountain. I rest my head on Aaron's shoulder, and he wraps his arm around my waist. I smile, watching Charlie and Al splash each other with water. Life is good.

* * * * *

I scream along to the music as the DJ messes with the beats. I jump up and down with Shay, laughing as Al attempts to crowd surf. Aaron, Luke, and Charlie lift him up and pass him to other people.

"Oh my gosh," I laugh with Aaron as he claps his hands, cheering Al on.

"He's nuts!" he yells over the music, dancing to the beat.

The song ends, and everyone cheers loudly as Al is carried to the stage. He takes the mic from the DJ, his laughs projecting throughout the speakers. "Hey, hey, hey!" he sings before dropping the mic and jumping off the stage.

"That's my boy!" Charlie yells, pounding his fist in the air.

"I think that was their last laugh, huh?" I ask Aaron, looking up at him.

He rubs my back, nodding. "Yup."

"Let's dance!" Shay yells over the music. "C'mon!"

And so we danced all night to the best songs ever. Okay, well, that was a bit cheesy, but very true. By 10:00pm, the party was over, and we all walk outside to cool off as the whole senior class pours out of the building.

"Aw, guys, our high school career is almost over," Shay pouts, clutching Luke as if her life depends on it.

"You're actually going to miss this place?" Charlie gasps in disbelief, peeling off his jacket .

"I'm going to miss you guys, not this exact building."

I understand what she means. She's going to college in Maine, and there will be months on end when we won't see each other.

"It'll be okay, Shay. We still have the rest of senior year and all summer," I say.

We all sit on the edge of the fountain again, looking up at the stars. Everything about tonight feels right and complete. Luke and Al continue to joke around, and Aaron and Charlie are trying to tell Shay some jokes to keep her smiling.

"You're quiet tonight." Aaron pokes my side, smiling at me.

I poke his dimples as revenge. "Yeah, well, I'm just thinking."

He pauses, staring at my face. "Did I tell you you look pretty tonight?"

"About 10 times, Aaron."

"I meant it all 10 times, you know."

"I know."

Luke, Al, Shay, and Charlie head to their cars, leaving Aaron and me to ourselves.

"I didn't get to kiss you all night," Aaron complains, tilting my chin up.

"No one's stopping you," I shoot back, smiling.

He dips his face closer to mine and brings his lips to mine. I feel his soft lips brush mine, our tongues meeting as well.

"I'm so glad you moved here," I confess as my forehead rests against his.

"I'm glad you stumbled into homeroom late on the first day of school," Aaron laughs, reflecting back to the first day of school. "I thought you were cute since the first time I laid my eyes on you."

I giggle, my cheeks heating up.

"The password was gravy and biscuits, was it not?"

I pull away, laughing. "Gosh, Aaron, I don't even remember."

We walk out to the parking lot as Charlie beeps the horn of his truck. "Hurry up, you guys, we want to get ice cream!"

We run to his van, and I stumble over my long dress, almost face-planting. Aaron swoops me up bridal-style, running to the truck. I let out a very uncensored, goofy laugh.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

[A/N] Only a couple of chapters left! I decided that I will have an epilogue plus bonus chapters. You guys can comment ideas for me here and maybe I'll write a chapter about your idea :)

And, updates will be irregular. They could come more often or less often that one week, it just depends on how much homework I have a week.