Bonus Chapter #4

[A/N] I mixed a few of my own ideas and an idea from @flyawaystyles . Song for this chapter is On My Mind by Ellie Goulding. Enjoy :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"You ready?" Shay asks, giggling excitedly as she helps put on my veil.

"Yup," I reply coolly even though my heart is hammering inside my chest. Today's the big day.

I walk out to the lobby of the church and smile at my dad. "Hey, kiddo," he greets, looking at my dress. "You look good."

I laugh. "Thanks, Dad."

I take his arm and mask my anxiousness as the church doors open and we walk down the aisle. Everyone stands, beaming as we pass by them. I focus on Aaron to calm myself. Though he's facing the cross and the priest, his presence calms me.

My dad passes me off to Aaron and sits down next to my Aunt Carrie. I glance at my soon to be husband, who's smiling right back at me. He winks, and I force myself not to swoon and to just focus on the blessings and words the priest speaks. Soon enough, it's time to say our vows.

"Ladies first," Aaron insists, looking all dapper in his suit and tie, hair slicked to the side.

"Okay, um, well, I promise to always laugh at your jokes, even when they aren't all that funny." This earns a laugh from the crowd, and Aaron blushes. "I promise to always show you how much I care about you. And most importantly, I promise to always love you with my whole heart."

I push the gold band on his finger, shaking all over with happiness and nervousness. I feel so many eyes on me, but Aaron's hazel eyes are the only ones I acknowledge.

He grins, clearing his throat. "With this ring, I give you my heart. I promise that from this day forward, you shall not walk alone, may my heart be your shelter, and may my arms be your home."

Aaron slips the band on my finger as I fight back the urge to cry. I love him so much, and that small speech was so beautiful and sincere.

The priest says a few more words followed by the most anticipated phrase of all: "You may now kiss the bride."

Aaron lifts my veil over my head and sets his hands on my waist. I rest my hands on his shoulders as he leans forward, pressing his lips to mine as the audience applauds and cheers. Hand and hand, we walk out of the church giddy with excitement and happiness. Together, we greet and thank all the guests for coming before marching through the makeshift aisle they created, sprayed by a shower of rice and bubbles.

At the end of the brick pathway, a car waits for us with shoes tied to the bumper and a sign on the back windshield reading "Just married." We hop in, leaving our families behind... at least until the after party.

"How are you feeling, Mrs. Hanson?" Aaron asks as he flies down the street. I buckle my seatbelt to make myself fell better; he knows I hate his driving.

I grin. "I'm feeling great, babe. I'm in the mood for some champagne."

He pats my leg over the layers of white fabric. "I couldn't agree more."

* * * * *

Charlie approaches the microphone with his wine glass and a fork in hand. He clinks his glass with the utensil and clears his throat as the crowd quiets, turning towards Aaron and me.

"Aaron and Callie, congratulations. It's been super awesome watching you guys grow closer since high school." Charlie looks right at me. "Cal, you are literally the only thing he talks about. And Aaron, you're the only thing Callie ever talks about, too. The both of you were clearly made for each other." He holds up his glass. "To love!"

"To love!" Aaron and I say, clinking glasses and drinking.

Charlie sits back down as Al gets up. "There's clearly no way I can top that, thanks, Charlie." The crowd laughs and Al chuckles. "I also want to say thank you the lovely couple for forcing me to wear a tuxedo." The crowd laughs again. "Okay, but seriously, I'm really happy for you both. Callie, I'm depending on you to keep Aaron in check, and I can't wait until I get to teach your kids how to play the guitar!"

"They're going to play the drums," Aaron shoots back, giggling.

Al sends a mock scowl at him as he sits down next to Charlie.

Luke rolls his eyes, heading to the microphone. "Aaron, I'm really surprised that you're actually married. I honestly thought Charlie was going to be the first to the alter."

No one really gets the joke, so he clears his throat, rubbing his hands together.

"I'm honored to have been your best man, and you're honestly the best cousin and bandmate a person could ask for. Callie, you're pretty cool, too, I guess." Aaron laughs super loudly, causing the rest of our friends and family to laugh as well. I turn beat red, awkwardly shifting in my seat. "And congrats to the both of you."

After everyone gets through their little speeches, including Shay's (which made me cry) and my dad's (which was super embarrassing) it's time to throw the bouquet before we dance the night away. Surprisingly, my little cousin Grace catches it, and she couldn't be happier.

Then, it's our turn to dance. "I picked your favorite song," Aaron tells me as he leads me onto the dance floor.

I look at him, unsure of what song he picked. Once I hear the familiar guitar strums, I realize that he picked "Lover" by Taylor Swift. What a perfect song to set the tone.

As more people begin to dance on the dance floor, it looks like I'm not the only one having a great time. 

And, to think, it all started so long ago when I stumbled into homeroom late.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *