52: Happy Days

[A/N] Song for the chapter is Uma Turman by Fall Out Boy.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Are you sure I should come in? What if your dad comes home early and sees me in your house with you? Won't he freak out?" Aaron rambles nervously as we head up the stairs to the front porch. This is going to be the first time I'm alone with Aaron in my house, and he's freaking out for no reason.

"Most people are scared of meeting their significant other's parents, but you're scared when he's not here. How does that make any sense?" I pick the old, neglected newspaper up off the ground.

"I don't want him to think we're up to no good, you know?" He scratches the back of his head and holds open the storm door for me while I unlock the door.

I laugh. "He like you, so you have nothing to worry about." We enter my house and lay down our stuff on the ground right by the sofa. "Are you hungry? I can make us some peanut butter and marshmallow crackers."

He gives me a funny look. "Is that some kind of East Coast specialty? I've never heard of that in my entire life."

"Um, I really don't know. My dad used to make them for me all the time as a kid, but don't worry, it tastes really good," I reply.

I head to the kitchen and dig out two plates, two knives, a sleeve of Ritz crackers, a can of Skippy peanut butter, and a jar of Jiff marshmallow fluff. I take two crackers, put peanut butter on one and fluff on the other, and shove them together, handing it to Aaron. "Here, squeeze it together and then roll your tongue on the perimeter of it. Then, eat it."

He looks at me skeptically but follows my instructions, licking the mixture off the edges of the crackers. He bites into the sandwich, pondering. "That tastes really good."

I here the mail slot bang shut from the foyer. "Oh, mail must be here."

I run into the other room and grab the mail, paging through the envelopes while walking back. Bills, bills, and a letter from Penn State. "Anything good?" Aaron asks, making himself more cracker sandwiches.

"We'll find out," I reply, showing him the college letter addressed to me.

His eyes light up. "Go ahead, open it."

With butterflies swarming in my stomach, I carefully open the flap and pull out a small stack of papers.

Dear Callie Russe,

We are please to inform you that you are accepted to Penn State Main Campus as a Biology major. We hope you choose to attend in fall.

"Oh my gosh!" I gasp, pressing a hand over my lips. "I got accepted!"

Aaron drops everything he's doing and hugs me. "That's awesome, babe. I knew you would."

"I can't believe this!" I can't wait to tell my dad; he'll be psyched about this.

"So, what do you want to do to celebrate?" Aaron asks, wiggling his eyebrows. He pops another one of the cracker sandwiches in his mouth.

"Hmm, maybe a nice steak dinner? On your tab, of course."

"Sassy," he spits out, eye widening playfully.

"What else did you expect, Mr. Know-It-All?"

"Sassy," he repeats, slapping my butt. I jump a bit, and he laughs at my reaction.

"Hey, none of that," I scold. "Save it for a later date and time."

"Oh, trust me, I will."

* * * * *

"Charlie, we never get to hang out anymore," I complain as we fill out some worksheets in Chemistry. We got our lab done early today and are getting a head start on the homework.

"Yeah, well, I have homework to do and music to write. Plus, I may have found a bar that'll let us play on week nights."

"Really? What is it called?"

"Great Eagle Tavern. They apparently love when people sing and play original music."

"Are they into the whole hardcore, punk-rock sound?"

"Eh, a little. But I can always write some slow songs to mix in with our favorites. Best of both worlds, right?"

I nod. "So when are you playing there?"

"I don't know. I'm still trying to get the owner to let us in."

"I hope you guys get in. I'd definitely come and cheer you on."

Charlie smiles. "Aww, thanks. I'm so glad you'd personally come to support me, your favorite band member."

"I'm dating the drummer, but sure, Charlie, you can be my favorite. Whatever floats your boat."

"Woah, woah, woah, drop the anchor and stop right there. The Caaron boat will forever be floating," Aaron says, literally coming out of nowhere just to say that.

"It's sinking fast, and Callie's already jumped overboard," Charlie smirks.

His eyebrows furrow. "For who?"

"For me!"

"You're never going to steal my girl from me." Aaron playfully wraps his arms around me and pressing a kiss to my cheek. "Mine!"

I shake him off. "You guys are something else, truly. But thanks for making a 1D reference, Aaron, that song is a bop."

"I know you too well."

"Aaron!" Mr. Thompson shouts. "Get back to your lab table! Last time I checked, this wasn't recess."

"Sorry, sir," he replies, walking back to sit down next to Luke at the lab station. Aaron winks at me through his safety glasses, and my heart flutters.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N] thank you for voting and commenting. I love reading what you all have to say! :) Battle of the Bands is coming in four or five chapters!