14: Party

[A/N] IF YOU'RE A GHOST READER THEN IM JUDGING YOU SO HARD RIGHT NOW. CROSS OVER TO THE DARK SIDE BY VOTING.

Anyways... STEAL MY GIRL IS SO PRETTY ASDFGHJKLLDKSJFD!!!

Song for this chapter is Habits (Stay High) by Tove Lo.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I pull out my favorite two dresses from my closet and hold them both up in each one of my hands. "Should I wear the black or midnight blue one?"

Charlie flops onto my purple bed sheets, groaning. "What's the difference? They both look the same to me."

I roll my eyes. I should have known that he wouldn't be much help. I don't think he'd even notice if I wore a trash bag to his party.

I decide against both of the dresses and opt to wear a tight-fitting shirt with a pair of jeans. At least I'll be comfortable for the night. "Shut your eyes. I'm going to change really quick."

Charlie yanks his gray beanie over his eyes. "Okay, hurry up."

I peel off my sweatshirt and black leggings and put on the shirt and jeans. I straighten out the fabric so it hugs my body in all the right places. "Okay, I'm good."

Charlie sits back up, carelessly pulling his beanie back off his face. He starts to ramble about the location while I'm applying eyeliner and curling my hair. "His house is huge, and I mean, mansion huge. He has this giant pool too that--"

"Okay, I get it!" I cut him off, almost burning myself with the iron. "No need to go into detail about everything."

He huffs, crossing his arms. He nudges my leg with his sneaker. "Are you ready yet? It's already 8:45, and I told him I'd be there around 9:00."

I shut off my curling iron and check myself out in the mirror for a final time. "Okay, let's go."

I turn off the light after Charlie leaves my room, and shove my phone into my back pocket. Luckily, my dad is spending the weekend in Virginia on a business trip because he would never let me go to a party on a Friday night.

I quickly lock the door and scurry down the pathway to Charlie old Ford truck. I don't even get a chance to strap in before he's speeding down the street at 50 mph.

"Woah there, Speed Racer, slow down," I laugh. "If you keep driving this fast, the neighbors are going to call the cops."

He rolls his eyes, turning onto the main avenue that leads out of town. "Hush, young one."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, whatever."

On the ride over, I watch the modest suburban houses become more spaced out and increase in size as we drive miles further out of town. Once we arrive, it become evident that the block is jammed-packed with cars. We have no choice but to park a street over and walk. 

Charlie shuts off the car, and we both hop out and walk down the sidewalk. It's a quiet, clear night, and the faint sound of party music can be heard from where we parked.

Once we reach the house, I marvel at the shear size of it. Charlie wasn't lying about how impressive size of the house; the thing is huge! The massive, white structure must have 14 windows just on front side. I'd say it's a nice-looking knock-off version of The White House.

"Woah," I gasp, gazing at the beautiful French doors and windows. "This place is so cool."

"Just wait until you see the variety of drinks he has," he laughs, opening the door for me.

I step in, walking through the small foyer before reaching the living room. Tons of people litter the place. Some lounge on the brand-new furniture while others are making out against the creme colored walls. Chalie grabs my hand and leads me through the masses of people. We reach the kitchen, where a familiar green-haired dude is waiting behind the counter.

"Hey, you made it!" he exclaims over the roar of the music. Charlie and the guy do a bro-handshake before the stranger glances at me. "What would you like to drink tonight, bro?"

"Just a coke," he replies.

The boy slides a can across the granite counter top and then turns to me. "And for you, babe?"

"Anything," I reply, forcing myself to ignore the urge to pounce on him because of the use of a pet name. It sounds objectifying and just plain odd to say considering we aren't even friends. "And the name's Callie, by the way."

He smiles, pouring root beer and vanilla coke in a plastic cup for me. "Okay, hi, Callie. I'm Al," he yells over the music.

Oh... So he's the kid that's going to be in Charlie's band. By the color of his hair, it seems like he could be passionate about punk-rock, so I guess the band thing will work out for the both of them.

Al waits for the fizzing to die down before pushing the cup over to me. I smile thankfully at him, raising the glass to my lips and sipping the concoction. A small, burning sensation almost makes me choke, but I manage to hold it down. No wonder why I never drank soda in the past three years; the carbonation is just too much for me.

Charlie nudges my shoulder with his large hand. "Taste good?" he yells.

"Yeah!" I lie, gulping the rest down and slightly wincing as I slam it back down on the counter. He smiles at me in reply, taking a sip of his coke and eyeing up a beautiful blonde girl on the other side of the counter.

I smack his arm, rolling my eyes at him. "Stop being a coward and go ask her to dance or something."

He rubs his arm, glaring at me  before refocusing on the girl who's currently swirling a lock of her hair around her long pointer finger. He drools over her for another minute before mustering up the courage to go in for the kill.

Well, it looks like I did my job almost too well this time. By the looks of it, he'll be occupied for the rest of the night while I can relax, enjoy some drinks. I'm free to spend some time checking out the captain of the soccer team, who's chatting up a storm with a teammate.

Zander Edwards is literally the definition of perfection. I'm a sucker for brown hair and brown eyes, and on top of that, he has a nice set of perfectly sculpted abs. His confidence is ridiculous, but I think that stems from the fact that his family owns a successful construction business.

I watch him talk to his friend for a bit and drool over his every movement. His eyes lock with mine once, and I blush deeply, turning away from him to ask Al for a glass of water.

Except, Al isn't behind the counter; Aaron is.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N] CLIFFHANGER! Haha I'm so evil ;) So what's going to happen next? Well... You'll find out Saturday night :)

That's riiiiight... DOUBLE UPDATE WEEKEND! :)

Vote and comment? Please and thank you!!