47: Janitor's Closet

[A/N] Keep reading to find out how the rest of the story unfolds!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Why are you in such a bad mood, sourpuss?" Aaron asks me when I walk into school. "It's Friday!"

I sigh, thinking back to the conversation I had with my dad earlier this morning. "My dad's making me meet up with my mother tomorrow."

Aaron tugs at the ends of my lips with his pointer fingers. "Turn that frown upside down, Sunshine, you'll be okay. It's only for one day, right?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Alright, good. Now, let's go find the rest of our friends," Aaron says. I smile at my goober of a boyfriend, glad that I can call him mine.

I lay a quick kiss on his jawline before dragging him through the giant mob in the cafeteria. "Callie, Aaron, hey!" Shay waves, smiling widely.

Luke, Al, and Charlie instantly include us in their conversation when we arrive. "Okay," Luke says, playing with his lip ring, "the plan is to get everything ready by the end of January and to unleash the plan mid-February. That way, our plan will be complete by the time the competition rolls around."

"Dang, someone has their thinking cap on," I reply, genuinely surprised. I didn't think Luke had a brain in his big head.

Al laughs a little too hard at my joke, and Luke slaps him on the back on the head in retaliation. Charlie rolls his eyes at their antics. "So how's the boyfriend doing?" he teases.

"He's doing great," Aaron answers. "He loves his girlfriend very much and thinks she's kinda hot."

I slap Aaron's chest. "Kinda?"

"Just an itty-bitty little bit," Aaron giggles.

I raise an eyebrow. "You sure about that?"

"Excuse me, smoking hot," he corrects, smiling devilishly at me.

I relax in my chair, feeling like I accomplished something important today. "Much better."

"Aww, you guys are too darn cute," Charlie notes, smiling.

"It's sickening," Al adds. "I mean, just look at them; Aaron is whipped."

"Yes I am," Aaron proudly declares, kissing me on the lips quite passionately.

"Gross!" Al yelps.

Aaron releases me and turns to our red-head friend. "You're 'friends' with the secretary in the front office. That's the definition of gross."

The bell rings, breaking up our animated conversation. Aaron and I walk hand-in-hand down the hallway with our friends. Everything feels completely, which is the way it's supposed to be.

Once again, Aaron and I end up in Homeroom again. Mrs. McKenna is absent today, and a middle-aged man named Mr. Sykes is our substitute. He quickly rolls through attendance and retreats back to the teacher's desk.

"So, do you still need help with your math homework?" I ask Aaron.

"Yes, but I have a better idea of how to use this period," he replies, dimples digging into his cheeks.

"By doing what?" I further ask, confused.

He hums to himself, somehow smiling even wider. "You'll see; come along, youngster."

Aaron and I literally just walk out of the room, no questions asked. I glance at the sub, and he seems to be putting contacts in his eyes. No wonder why he's not stopping us from leaving; he can't even see us.

Aaron drags me out of the class and walks so fast I can barely keep up. After turning down a couple of hallways, he flings open the janitor's closet and--

"Oh my God!" I yell out of fright when I see Zander and Karissa making out.

"Dude, close the damn door!" Zander angrily yells, glaring at Aaron.

Aaron slams the door closed, laughing when it's shut. "What a surprise."

"Is that what you wanted to show me?" I laugh, covering my mouth as giggles overtake me.

"No, well, I just wanted to go to our make-out spot, but obviously it's taken."

I shake my head, wondering why we have such bad luck, when Charlie turns down the hallway and almost runs into us. "Hey, you're just who I was looking for," Charlie says, clapping Aaron on the shoulder. "We need your help with a couple of lyrics for the new song."

"Ooh, can I come, too?" I ask, smiling sweetly.

"Don't be offended, but this is top secret information we're talking about," Charlie explains. "Band members only."

"Not fair," I complain, rolling my eyes.

As if another outside force just had to interrupt our conversation, Karissa walks out of the janitor's closet looking disheveled. We all stare at her as she walks by.

"What was she doing in there?" Charlie asks.

Zander also wanders out of the janitor's closet, except he's not so willing to ignore us. "You little punks are the ones the barged in on us," he seethes.

"Dude, why are you so angry all the time?" I genuinely ask. "Clearly someone hasn't taken their chill pill today."

"Like you have room to talk," he shoots back.

"Woah, don't talk to my girlfriend like that, you dick," Aaron says back, angling himself so he's in Zander's face.

"Let's not have a fight today, guys," Charlie peeps, pulling Aaron away from him.

"Alright, fine, I'll save it for another day. Is tomorrow better for you?" he sarcastically asks.

"I'd personally prefer the eighth day of the week," Charlie smiles. "So we'll just be on our way now. C'mon, friends."

Charlie literally drags us away from him as fast as he possibly can. "Dude, why are you acting so scared?" Aaron asks.

"The principal was coming," he admits. "I'm not getting in a fight in front of him."

Mr. Jansen walks by us, glancing at our trio. "Get to class, students."

We nod and and say okay before heading off in different directions; Charlie goes back to the music room while Aaron and I manage to slip into the janitor's closet.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N] Thank you for getting Homeroom ranked! I'm glad you all like my story :)