17: October

[A/N] Hey guys :) I'm debating whether or not to start writing from Aaron's POV. Comment your thoughts *here* please :) :) :) :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A day passes.

A week passes.

Two more weeks pass.

It's October, and it's been a month since I muttered a single word to Aaron. Over the last few weeks, he bugged me to no end. He relentlessly talked to me in homeroom, pestered me outside of my locker, and even, somehow, managed to get my cell phone number and fill my inbox up with "I'm sorry" texts. I never replied, never reacted, and never acknowledged him. It's what he deserves for lying to me.

"Hey, Callie, wake up," Charlie says, waving a hand in front of my face. 

I shake my head and blink rapidly, waking up from my unconscious dreaming. "Sorry, I just blacked out," I stutter.

Charlie laughs. "Okay, sure," he replies with words saturated with sarcasm.

I slap his arm, causing him to fumble a few notes he was playing on his bass. "I did, okay. Now just leave it alone."

"Alright," he coolly replies, smirking as he continues to mess around on his bass.

The practice room door opens, and a boy with freshly-dyed red hair walks in, waving at the two of us. "Hey, Al," I wave in return.

The boy sporting a band shirt and a snapback smiles. "Hi, Callie and Char-Char," he nods, slamming the door closed with his guitar case.

Charlie stops playing and kicks Al as he walks over to the seat next to me. He stumbles, but catches himself. 

"I told you not to call me that," Charlie states, glaring at him.

"Ugh, you're no fun," he groans in reply, plopping onto the piano bench next to me. His shoulder nudges mine as he gets settled. He pulls his guitar out of its case and plugs it into the outlet. I scoot over to make room for him as his hands rest on the strings.

They both begin to play a song. Charlie sings the melody as Al sings the harmony. "You think you're such a hot-shot, such a cool kid, but just remember that's this is high school..."

I watch them both carelessly strum at their guitars, effortlessly creating a punk-rock sound. Al catches me studying his movements and lazily smiles at me, winking.

"No chorus yet?" I wonder after they suddenly stop mid-sentence.

"Nope, nada," Al replies, sighing. "I was really hoping that we could enter the Battle of the Bands contest, but we can't compete without a song and more band members. We need a crazy good drummer to back us up."

"Oh, that stinks," I reply. Now that I think of it, I don't think there's anyone in school who is good  at playing the drums. "You guys should really go through with it, anyway. I think you guys could win."

And they really could. For the past couple of years, our school's Battle of the Bands was pretty lame considering the same people always won. I'm so sick of hearing Zander and The Crew win year after year after year because I know Charlie and Al can definitely give them a run for their money.

Charlie simply shrugs in response. "I guess we could hold auditions at your house, Al, and maybe find a good drummer that way?"

Al nods, mindlessly strumming on his guitar. "Yeah, let's do it next Saturday. My parents are going to be out of the house that weekend, so people will be able to really give it all they got."

"Ooh, can I be a judge?" I plead, tugging on the sleeve of Al's flannel. "I have nothing else to do that weekend and can help you guys keep track of scores."

"Alright, I guess so," Al replies, shrugging.

"Sweet, it's a deal," Charlie concludes, clapping his hands together in excitement. And in that exact moment, the bell rings to dismiss us from homeroom.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N] Hey guys :) Sorry about the late and very short update, but I was busy doing homework this weekend. I'm going to try and post another update this week, but it depends on the homework load.

ILY all- Jamie :)