35: Blow Horn

[A/N] early update because I'm going to be away from now until Sunday.

Song for this chapter is Something's Gotta Give by All Time Low.

Oh and I also watched this movie called Heathers. It's an 80's movie kind of like Mean Girl but a whole lots funnier and bizarre. GO WATCH IT AFTER YOU READ THIS!!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Well, I'm in homeroom again, and Aaron's not here. He's in the music room, practicing with the rest of the guys. I was kindly told not to come so they could "group bond," but I find that to be a load of horse poop. The only reason I didn't barge in on their session is because Aaron told me they were being serious.

I've finished up the last bit of my math homework, and I still have 20 minutes until the bell rings. "Can I go to the bathroom," I ask the teacher, impatiently tapping my heel of my shoe on the floor.

"Take a hall pass with you," she replies, eyes focused on her romance novel.

I take all my stuff with me as I exit the quiet room. If I plan on just wandering around the halls for the rest of the period, I might as well drop off my heavy books while I'm at it.

And that's exactly what I do. I walk to my locker and drop off my books, taking my time organizing them all neatly. I glance down the hall to see a blonde girl making out with a guy with dark hair. I don't think much of it until I realize the guy is Zander and the girl is Karissa.

"I heard about your car getting banged up," I bravely yell down the hall.

Zander suddenly pushes the girl away from him and stalks towards me with an angry expression splashed on his face. Karissa follows hot on his heels, grabbing his hand and lacing her polished fingers between them. "Don't act like I didn't know it was you," he spits out, a bright fire burning in his eyes.

"Don't act like you weren't the one who destroyed my friend's instruments," I reply, crossing my arms.

"The misfit group of want-to-be's you call 'friends' need to learn how to take a hint. The Battle of the Bands is a competition for real musicians, not amateurs."

I look up at him, confused. "So why aren't you taking your own advice?"

That one seems to really fire him up. I can see his lip quivering with unleashed anger. Zander takes a deep breath, turning to his partner. "Karissa, your eye has a giant, black smudge under it."

"Really? I got to go fix it, be right back!" she replies, scurrying into the woman's bathroom.

The moment she's gone, Zander shoves me against the lockers, pressing his forearm against my neck. I struggle to breath and use all of my energy to push him off of me. However, he's undeniably stronger than me, and I'm undeniably screwed. "Tell your little boyfriend that if he wants to mess with me, at least aim for my face."

All I can do it weakly nod as I dig my nails into his forearm in a weak attempt to get him to let go of me. I can't breathe, and I feel like I'm going to passing out. He glares at me for a final time before releasing me. I cough repeatedly, feeling the sensation of air entering my lungs.

By the time I look up again at him again, the bell rings and student rush out of classrooms, completely engulfing us. I silently walk to Biology, attempting to process what just happened.

Maybe I should learn my lesson; don't taunt Zander because he's not afraid to hurt you.

"Miss Russe, welcome!" Mr. Thompson excitedly says, scaring the living daylight out of me. I was so preoccupied with my thoughts that I didn't even realize he was standing next to the door.

"Oh, hi," I reply, heading into the classroom and sitting down on a stool next to Charlie. Aaron walks in with Luke, and my boyfriend plants a quick kiss on my lips as he passes in front of me. Luke simply ignores me and soundlessly sits down, folding his arms on the lab table and laying his head down on top of them.

The bell rings, and Mr. Thompson walks into the room with a slight skip to his step. Sporting his iconic purple sweater vest and plaid bow tie, he approaches the chalkboard and writes the word "reactions" in giant block letters.

"Today, class, we are going to learn about reactions," Mr. Thompson exclaims, "You all might be wondering what a reaction is, but first, I'm going to show you what it's not."

The teacher walks from the front of the classroom to the side of the room, digging through the desk drawer noisily. He pulls out a blow horn and shuts the metal drawer softly. Without saying a word, he rounds the desk and tip toes over to Luke. He presses down on the top of the can, and for a split second, the ungodly noise fills the room. Luke loses his shit and jumps out of his chair, almost falling off of it out of shock and surprise. 

The entire class laughs at his reaction. Aaron claps him on the shoulder while hysterically laughing, and Luke shoves him off of him, huffing.

"So that's not the reaction we're going to be talking about today. Chemical reactions are what you all will be taking notes on," he laughs, pointing at Luke. "That also includes you, sleepy head."

Luke grumbles a string of incoherent words, ignoring the teacher. Mr. Thompson pulls down a white screen and displays a slide of information for us all to jot down.

At the end of a long and boring class, I decided that it's time to talk to Aaron to tell him what happened in the hallway. It's better to come clean now then have him hear it from someone else.

"He did what?" he asks in disbelief, looking at me with wild eyes.

I shush him by pressing my finger to his lips. "Don't make me repeat it."

He sighs, running a hand through his newly cut hair. "I think it's time for Zander to get punched in the face," he calmly says.

"Ok," I agree reluctantly. "As long as you don't get caught."

"I won't, trust me."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N] Thank you all for the votes and reads and comments! You all are so awesome, and I love you all so much.