57: Battle of the Bands (Part 2)

[A/N] Starting off exactly where I left off!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The boys are beyond irritated and angry, and I really don't know what to do about it. Thanks to Zander, everyone is in a bad mood.

Charlie and Luke vent to each other while Al went to go dump fruit punch in Zander's locker let  out his frustration. Aaron is eerily quiet. He blankly stares at the floor, chin resting on his hands.

"You okay?" I ask, sitting close to him and rubbing my hand on his back. I'm incredibly bad at comforting people, as any bystander could probably tell.

"No."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault; I just feel robbed."

I nod. "Just remember, your bandmates need a pep-talk, too."

Aaron agrees, enclosing my hand in his and rubbing circles on my skin with his thumb. I press a kiss on his lips, leaning my head on his shoulder. Al marches to the bleachers as the third to last band takes the stage. "I feel better after vandalizing his stuff," he admits. "Now, I'm ready to rock."

Aaron nods, taking a deep breath and letting go of my hand. "Okay, guys, let's do this."

Luke claps Charlie on the shoulders as the other band onstage finished up their songs. Together, they travel as a group to the stage, looking invincible. I guess Aaron's "pep talk" (if you consider five words a pep talk) worked.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen," the music teacher says, "let's welcome 4 Days to Jupiter to the stage!"

The crowd breaks out into screams as the four boys get in position, slinging on their guitars and tapping the mics. Shay and I scream as they start to speak.

"Hello," Luke says, grasping the microphone on the stand, "We're 4 Days to Jupiter, and we're going to sing you a special song we wrote called 'Division.' Enjoy."

The guitar and drum start up their harmonious duo as the boys sing-shout "divide."

"Why is there this line in the sand, dividing you from me" Luke sings, completely jamming out.

"The ocean can wash it away, but it can't take away the pain you caused me," they sing, accenting some of the main lines.

Everyone in the gym is completely losing their cool. People are dancing crazily and shouting. Shay and I run from the bleachers and push our way to the front of the crowd, fist-pounding the air as we dance to the beat. Charlie is trying his very best not to laugh at my horrible dance moves as he strums his bass. I glance at Aaron beating his drums, and he winks at me.

"The sunset in your eyes, the salt in my wounds," the boys sing as some of the people around me shout the lyrics with them. Luke jumps around while Al and Charlie dance around the stage. Aaron wildly beats on the drums behind them.

When they finish the song, the whole crowd erupts into cheers. Aaron gets up from the back and comes up to the front of the stage, bowing for the crowd with his bandmates. They smile at the enthusiastic people in front of them, waving as they make their way off. A bunch of people high-five them as they head back to the bleachers. Shay and I loop around the crowd so we make it back to our seats to meet them.

"That was so awesome!" I exclaim as I hug Al and Charlie. Shay jumps into Luke's arms and kisses him quite passionately. I look away, eyes meeting Aaron.

"Nice job, Iron Arms," I tease, squeezing his bicep. "You really got the crowd moving."

"Thank you," he shouts as the last band closes the show.

"You guys are famous now!" Shay shouts, giggling. "Everybody loved it!"

The last band finishes up their set and gets off the stage, chased by a modest applause as the music teacher taps the microphone. "Now that all the contestants have performed, please place you ballots in the boxes right under the basketball nets. Thank you."

"Shay and I are going to vote," I say to them. "We'll be back."

"We'll be waiting," Charlie replies.

We head to get in the long line. After waiting for a while, we finally make it to the front. A bunch of teachers watch us as we fill out our voting card. I shove it in the box when I'm done and walk with Shay back to our seats.

"How long do you think it's going to take them to tally it up?" I ask.

She shrugs. "Probably a while. But if every teacher split up the work, it might not take that long."

I sit back down next to Aaron as some random girls chat with them about their music. For good measure, I hold his hand. 

"You guys did fantastic!" the redhead chirps. "That beat was amazing, Aaron."

"Thank you," he replies.

"Yeah," the brunette adds, "Al, your guitar skills are awesome!"

He smiles bashfully. "Thanks a bunch."

She giggles into her hand, pulling out her phone. "Want my number?"

Al enthusiastically takes it, and we all watch the girls leave.

"Al got his game back," Charlie laughs, shaking him by the shoulders. Luke wolf whistles and messes up his dyed hair.

"Attention, students," the music teacher says. The crowd immediately  silences, and I grab Aaron's hand, squeezing it hard. He excitedly smiles, tickling my stomach with his free hand. "The votes have been tallied, and we have a winner. By a lead of 38 votes, the winner of the Battle of the Bands is..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N] The winner will be revealed next Friday. Who will it be? Guess here!

Anyways ONE DIRECTION HAS A NEW ALBUM OUT AND IM SO HAPPY. 5SOS AND 1D WILL HAVE NEW MUSIC SO SOON IM SO HAPPY.