49: Drama Mama

[A/N] There is no song for this chapter because I don't have any. You can suggest some right here!

I ALSO WON TICKETS TO SEE 1D LIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST NIGHT OMG!!!!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"I don't want to go," I complain to my dad as I wait at the door for my mother to pick me up. We're supposed to go out for dinner.

My dad rolls his eyes. "Callie, I told you at least 50 times already. Just go once, and if you hate it that much, then you can decide not to see her again."

I hear a car horn beep outside, and I know it's time to leave. I give my dad a quick (and unexpected, on his part) hug and rush outside. I round the back of the Mercedes and open the passenger door, only to find a man with dark brown hair swept across his forehead sitting there already. I quickly shut it and hop in the back.

"Callie, it's so nice to see you again!" my mother exclaims. "I hope you don't mind, I brought Danny with me."

Danny. Brown-eyed, big-nosed Danny. Ugh, cue the eye roll. It's the same kid she had an affair with ten years ago. "Hi," he politely says.

"Hi," I strain as a tight-lipped smile spreads across my face.

My mother races down the street, turning onto the main avenue. "So I thought we could go out to Ugly Oyster and chat over some beers and seafood?"

"I'm not even 21 yet." Far from it, actually.

"Oh, well, we can just have seafood then."

While she talks to Danny about where the place is located, I stare out the window in silence. My finger itch to text Aaron, and suddenly, I need him in this instance.

Callie: A a r o n

Aaron: hey baby what's up

Callie: I'm trapped in a car w/ a cougar and her young bf help mE

Aaron: you mean your mom?

Callie: same thing

Aaron: do you want me to send nudes or something to help you relax or...?

Callie: that'll just get me even more wound up ya idiot

Aaron: that's nice to know tho ;) thx for the complement

Callie: you're no help

Aaron: I love you sm babe you're hot as fire 🔥😻

Callie: emojis are too mainstream I'm out

Aaron: still love you! you got this, power through!

When we get there, I awkwardly follow the couple into the restaurant and take a seat at the booth across from them. Everyone pages through their menus while my mother makes little comments about every detail listed.

"So what can I get you guys?" the waitress asks, pulling out a notepad from her apron.

I order a glass of sweet tea and a crab cake sandwich. My mother and Danny pick out oyster-oriented meals. Soon enough, our menus are out of the way, and the waitress is gone.

"So," my mother starts off, playing with the ring on her finger. The diamond reflects the light from the fixture hanging above us. "What have you been up to?"

"Not much, just traded in the Hot Wheels for an actual car," I let out.

She ignores the sarcasm, flipping her dark hair over her shoulder. "Do you have a boyfriend yet?"

"Yeah."

"That's nice. Maybe I could meet him sometime soon."

I don't say anything. Danny awkwardly clears his throat, pulling at the collar of his Ralph Lauren polo.

"What have you been doing?" I ask back glancing at her husband.

"Well, I got a job at a college in Philadelphia, and Danny is working as an attorney for a big corporation down there. We recently just moved into a nice big house with a three port garage and a swimming pool!"

She beams and takes Danny's hand into her. I have never met someone more materialistic than my own mother. I can't even look at her without withholding the urge to puke.

"So, your mother and I have some important news to tell you," Danny says, glancing at my mother with an admiring look of love. My mother smiles so widely it looks like it hurts.

"I'm pregnant!" she exclaims, almost laughing.

My jaw drops. "You can't actually be serious."

"I am! Your going to have a brother or sister in six short months!"

"You cannot be serious," I reply in complete horror.

My stupid mother is still smiling as if I'm happy about this. "I know, isn't this great?! We already picked a whole bunch of stuff for the baby room."

Tunnel vision has officially taken over, and the room feels like it's spinning. "You can even babysit for us too!" she adds giddily.

"I-I need air," I let out. I dig into my wallet, throwing a bunch of ones on the table for my meal, and flee the restaurant while putting on my winter coat.

Once I get outside, I sit on the edge of the curb and lay my head in my hands. I want to believe she can't possibly be having a child, not as a 41-year-old. However, she would be one to do just that. "Callie!" my mother yells, "Honey, are you okay?"

I get up and back away from her. "Please, just go away."

"What? I want to know what's happening."

"You want to know what's happening?" I sarcastically ask, fuming. "You left dad and I for 10 years, parade back into my life with a boyfriend practically half your age, and tell me your pregnant! That's what's wrong!"

She looks at me, dumb-founded. "He's 27, which is not half my age, and I don't see a problem with..."

"If you don't see a problem, then I'm out. Have fun with your new family," I say, backing away again.

"Callie Russe!" she angrily exclaims. "You have no idea what you're talking about!"

I shake my head at her, resisting the urge to beat the shit out of her. "What are you doing to do about it? I may be your kid biologically, but you're not my mom."

And with that, I turn around and walk across the street to McDonald's. When I get there, I sit at a table in the back and eat a cheeseburger while calling Aaron.

He picks on the first ring. "Hello?"

"Hey, are you free?"

I hear a shuffle. "Yeah, just finishing up a bit of math homework. I need your help, by the way."

"I'll help if you come pick me up at McDonald's."

He pauses. "Something happened, didn't it?"

I sigh. "I'll tell you when we get back to your place. Just come quick, please?"

"I'll be there in 20 minutes. Stay put, princess."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N] DRAMA! Oh boy!