Prologue

Dipper's POV

I was shaking with excitement. Every mile the bus went was another mile closer to Gravity Falls. Every minute in that bus was a minute closer then the one before. Mabel looked the same. She was bouncing up and down in her seat and was squealing under her breath. She was hyped up on six glasses of Mabel Juice from this morning. I regret letting her make that. Waddles sat on both of our laps sleeping. His back half was on mine and his front half was on Mabel's. 

It was silent in the bus and as usual, we were the only one's in the bus. Everyone else got off at different stops. We were the last one's on. I was so fidgety that I was clicking my pen over and over again. "Click Click Click Click."                      

Finally, we passed the Gravity Falls sign. My stomach did a somersault. I was so excited to.... Well, I was excited about everything. The woods, The monsters, and seeing my family again. This summer was going to be amazing. Pine Tree's popped up everywhere like flowers during spring. The bus stopped. As soon as it did, me and Mabel sprang to our feet, grabbed our stuff, and ran out the bus door. All of the built up energy from the ride here was ready to be used. 

"Thank you sir!" Mabel says as we rush past the bus driver. We get off the bus and are embraced by a thousand arms. Different voices that I could recognize on the spot surrounded us. "Welcome back dudes!" "We missed you two trouble makers!" "Sup Dipper." Me and Mabel smile. 

Me and Wendy decided to trade off hats every summer. Last summer before we left, we traded. This time, when we came back, We switched off again. A new adventure was waiting for us. Out in the magical woods of Gravity Falls. 

We're home.