Chapter Four

Dipper's POV

"It all started when we decided to piss off some monsters."

"Stanley! Language! There are children present!" Ford interrupted his brother. "Hey! We're technically teens!" Me and Mabel said at the same time "Fine fine." Grunkle Stan continues. "Anyway. It happened the week before we came back." I knew I should pay attention. But I just couldn't believe how.... Different Ford became. 

He looked more cat then he did human. He had a tiny little cat nose. (A/N: He does not have a snout in this one like he does in the picture. I just liked the picture.) Plus, fur all over his body. He had two tiny ears like mine and a long tail. But what was strange about him, He had wings. Sandy brown one's with blue tips. I knew he was a Sphinx the moment I saw him. 

I decided to pay attention to Grunkle Stan now. Because I didn't want to miss out on the whole story. "Anyway, we decided to go for the cursed treasure instead of the safer route. The treasure was in two places. It was like some sort of puzzle piece. You can't have one without the other or else it's not that valuable. The two places were Egypt, and England."  

"Thats two E's!!" Mabel whisper shouted into my ears. Well, maybe she had whispered it to me. It was just really loud because of my double deer ears. I put all of my focus back on Stan. "When we arrived at Egypt, we looked everywhere. We were about to give up when we heard a voice behind us."

"'Hey you' the voice said. We turned to see who it was but only saw the giant Sphinx behind us. We continued to walk until we heard it again 'Looks like you need help.' It said again. We both turned around and realized that it was coming FROM the Sphinx. Ford decided to open his mouth. 'Oh um.. Hi.' 'Greetings mortal. Do you request my help?'" 

"Ford paused for a moment in deep thought. 'Wait. I know about your tricks Spinx. Your just going to give us an impossible riddle and wait for us to get tired trying to solve it. When we're passed out sleeping, thats when you'll strike! You'll eat us up in our sleep! We won't fall for your tricks that easily!' 'Ahhh smart one. Fortunately for me, I'm the only Sphinx in the whole Dessert that knows where the treasure you seek is." 

"'Then we will just have to find it ourselves!' 'Oh but what if I was so kind to make an exception with you. Give you a choice for you poor travelers.' I had the guts to ask what he meant. 'What are you offering.' 'Stanley...' 'Can it Ford!' The evil thing then laughed at us. 'Oh what I am offering is much more generous than my previous victims. You can choose to be my meal, or, you can face my wrath.'" 

"'Never!!' Ford paid the price of opening his mouth. 'Very well then.' Then the big idiot started to blast us with bright yellow magic lights. We tried to avoid them as best we could not knowing what would happen if we got hit. I thought Ford was following me but he wasn't. I managed to hide behind a big pile of sand. Noticing that Ford wasn't behind me." 

"He got hit by one of the lights and ended up getting knocked unconscious. I ended up finding the first piece. It was hidden deep inside the Sphinx. I uh... may or may not have blown the thing to bits. I was able to drag Ford back to our boat without anyone giveing me any looks. Turns out that whatever the Sphinx did to Ford ended up turning him into a mini version of the sand creature." 

Stan paused like he was finished. "So uh. What happened to you then?" I ask. "Almost the same scenario. When we went to England, we found some sort of magical stone creatures." "Gargoyles." Ford corrected. "Yeah Yeah. Anyway, I did something that was 'disrespectful' to them and this is what I got." 

"Whoa. So, I guess there is nothing to reverse it?" "Kid, if there was something that can reverse this curse, Ford would have found it out by now." Stan turns to his brother. "I just think we should give up on this. Now that the kid has some sort of deer curse on him, We should just roll with it. Who knows, maybe even Mabel will get herself into magical trouble." I didn't know it then, but Stan was right.

A/N: I'm so sorry if this chapter is confusing! I was trying to think of a way to do this part and it was tricky. If your confused, these symbols " means that someone is talking. these ones, ' means that someone is talking during the story that the person is telling. I'm so sorry if this sucks. Believe me, it was hard coming up with how Stan and Ford turned into monsters. Anyway, please comment and vote!! Thank you!