Chapter Five

Mabel's POV

I decided to go on a walk with Dipper to the lake because we had nothing better to do. I walked alongside Dipper when a sickening feeling washed over me. "Oh no." I say. Dipper looks at me worried. "What?? Are you okay?" I groan. "Your taller than me." His face brightens. "Wait REALLY???! HA HA!! WHO'S THE ALPHA TWIN NOW??" I just ignore him. Let him have his moment. When He starts, there's no stopping him. 

He goes on and on about it. But then stops when we hear a deep rumbling noise. I look at Dipper. "Did that come from you?" He looks at me embarrassed. "I didn't eat anything this morning. Did you bring anything with you?" "Um... I have a ham sandwich." I say looking through my backpack. I look up at Dipper and he looks like he is going to throw up. 

His face is green and he is wobbly. He has a hand over his mouth. "What did I say? Dipper, are you okay?" He falls to the ground. I kneel down to him. "What happened??" He groans. "I-I think it was what you said. I-It made me feel gross." "Wait. Ham sandwich?" He hurries over to a nearby bush and I hear gross noises coming from behind it. 

I stand there and wince. I guess he is part deer. Note to self. Don't mention meat around Dipper. He comes back from behind the bush and is wobbling all over himself. Tripping over his own legs. Before we left, I was able to help Dipper walk to the point where he wasn't good at walking, but can do the basics. 

"Are you still hungry?" I ask. "Heck no! But do you have any water?" I bring out my pink sparkly water bottle and hand it to him. Another note to self, get a new water bottle. We continue to walk when I hear Dipper's stomach again. "I might be a little bit hungry now." "Okay Dipping sauce. You wanna hear my theory. Your part deer. You can't eat, or mention meat or else you will spew all of your guts out." 

"Something I want to avoid." "Yeah. Definitely. So, that means that you might have a diet like a deer." "When did you start your own conspiracies? I thought that was my job." I roll my eyes. "Yeah well, my job is to make sure you don't die." "Also my job." "Shut up. Let me continue. Anyway, if your hungry right now, you can try the grass." 

"EW NO!" "It's just a suggestion. Besides, when your part deer and the only thing you have in your backpack are two sandwiches you can't eat, you have to think outside of the box." "Okay fine. I'll do it. But just because I'm desperate." I leans down (more like falls down on his face) and takes out a tiny blade of grass. I try not to laugh because I know that it will hurt him. 

He takes a nibble and it's almost like you can hear the heavenly sound in the background. His pupils dilate and he perks up. But then he shakes it off and says "Meh. It's not THAT good." I punch him playfully. "Oh come on bro bro! I saw you when you took that nibble!" "Okay fine. It's good." He says as he stuffs a handful in his mouth.

I wait for five more minutes. "Okay Dipper. Let's get going." I walk off but then notice he never followed me. I just kept going. I knew he would meet up with me at the lake. When I arrive, the lake is deserted. But it didn't look like it. It was beautiful. The sun made the blue water sparkle. And there was a soothing sound of peace. I walk to the deck and take off my shoes. 

I dip my feet in the cool water and close my eyes. Thats when I realized that the sound of peace was actually singing. It was soft and beautiful. Enough to make any person fall in a deep sleep. But there was no one else around. Then, a crazy thought popped in my head. I look more closely at the water and see three blobby shapes. I lean in more closer to see what they were not even paying attention to how close I was to the water. 

The hand keeping me on the deck slipped and I fell into the water. I open my mouth to let out a small sound of shock but all I got was a mouthful of water. My lungs were filling with liquid fast and I wouldn't be able to breath in seconds. I tried to swim upward but a hand grabbed my ankle. I let out a gurgle that was supposed to be a scream. The hand was pulling me down. I couldn't hold my breath any longer. I close my eyes.