♟Chapter 31♟

B     E     L     L     A 

I wondered how Leonardo and Amanda didn't bury each other six feet under the ground because of the intensity that their glares held.

I would have run away if I would have stood in front of Leonardo.

"You have no say in what I should do, human!" Leonardo yelled. His wings spread behind his back before coming to rest.

"But I'm your mate!" Amanda shouted with her eyes glazing with tears.

"You may be my mate, but not my queen! Not the Queen of this supernatural world." Leonardo's eyes turned black in colour. I assumed that Vlaxin was in control now.

"Leonardo or Vlaxin, whoever you are, please understand me--"

"We already understood you," he paused, "you're just making plans to help your race, human." He spat the word 'human'.

"Don't believe Dracko, my king. Don't create a union--" Amanda spoke hastily.

"You're not in the place to give me, the Alpha king, the orders!" His voice sounded normal.

"You said you love me. You said I'm your equal, your other half. But now...why are you opposing me?" Amanda's lips quivered. Tears spilt out of her eyes.

Leonardo's hard eyes softened and he almost spread his wings behind his back but his face hardened again and his wings fell back to its initial posture.

"Stop tricking me with your tears, mate. And to answer your question," he took a step back causing them to have some space between them. "As a king, I wish to do things that would benefit my people. And you," he pointed his index finger towards Amanda. "You are planning to do the things that would benefit yours."

Amanda violently shook her head, "Leonardo, why do you need a union when you have a group beside you to help both legally and illegally? A union could cause problems."

Leonardo folded his arms on his chest. "And what are those problems?"

I stood and watched Amanda biting her lip. I wondered why they couldn't see me, I was standing right in front of them. But then, I didn't want to get noticed. So, I let it be.

"There can't be two in power. If there are, then there would be a fight for the highest authority. They would slowly stop abiding by the rules and will have a lust to take over you. This would also lead to war. Please, understand this." Amanda tried to broaden her shoulders and intimidate him to prove the point. Leonardo had a contemplating expression. His face turned neutral and didn't show any emotion. "Leonardo--"

He held her chin and looked at her in admiration.

I stood there blinking. What was happening?