♟Chapter 30♟

X     A     N     T     H     O     S

X A N T H O S

I smashed the table beside me causing it to shatter in pieces.

The physical pain was nothing compared to the pain I was feeling right now. The pain of losing her again. It hurts to know I couldn't protect her well.

She was taken away from me just under my nose. I wasn't a good mate like the deserved to have.

Luciano and Vlaxin stayed quite which further aggravated me.

'Tell me something, you fuckers!' I shouted in my mind before breaking the glass window with my fist.

'What do you want us to tell you?' Luciano asked with a hint of anger in his voice. Vlaxin reminded silent but I could feel his anger and sadness.

'Will our mate be okay?'

'How would I know, arse? Am I psyche or something?' He yelled.

The door of my room creaked open and I saw Mason walking towards me.

"Calm down, Alpha Xanthos. The entire pack link is getting heated up by their stupid discussion as to why the shattering noises are coming. Please do it for the sake of Bella and think calmly. Think about the next move to reach her." Mason had a pleading look in his eyes.

I ran my hand through my hair and looked at myself on a broken mirror.

I need my mate in my arms and have her scent wrapped around me.

I closed my eyes shut and tried to mind-link with Bella again.

The barriers in the underworld are quite strong and can't be broken easily. Bella was a human too because of which it was more difficult to communicate with her.

I shook my head and opened my eyes.

"Alpha Xanthos--"

"Stop calling me Alpha, Mason."

I wasn't worthy to be called an Alpha when I slipped my Luna in someone else's hands.

His eyes widened before it came back to his original size.

"Alpha," he emphasised. I didn't mind him defying my orders right now as the only thought in my mind was my mate. "She's with Anna. You do remember her, right? The small half-witch blooded girl." I nodded my head.

I did remember Annalisa by her seven-year-old physique as I last saw her when she was small. She was the only creature who gave respect to humans even though she knew what they actually were in the eyes of supernatural beings.

She and Amanda were pretty much close with each other. So, I tried to convince myself and my inner beasts that Anna wouldn't let anything happen to Bella.