♟ Chapter 28 ♟

BELLA

BELLA

The car came to halt.

I looked out of the window to notice a very big mansion. It looked completely different from the last time's. The place around the mansion was lit up with bright lights making the big structure glimmer.

"This is my packhouse." I gave him a confused look. "Packhouse is where my pack members live in. You might be thinking then why there are houses around. That's because I have given liberty enough to shift if they wanted to live on their own accord."

"What about the house or should I say mansion you took me last time?" I asked tilting my head a little to the right.

"That was for my personal uses. To get relaxed or to think about some things without any tension or disturbances. But then my initial home is this, where all my members live." I nodded my head in understanding.

The doors opened automatically causing me to groan. "We creatures are becoming truly lazy that we started depending on the technology," I muttered under my breath but enough for Xanthos to hear.

"I heard it, Angel."

"You were supposed to."

As I neared the packhouse I was certain that the four-storey building could provide a view of the entire forest and the places around. Each storey had a considered number of the sharply arched window and on the top floor, you could see some of them covered in the stained glass.

The dark mocha colour of the walls and the grey carving that rounded the windows, together with the deep green crowns of the trees next to it, made me think of something beautiful, great but messy at the same time. Maybe because of the white creeping flower that clearly has disrupted a great part of the mansion. Something made by the hand of a human being but nowhere far from the colour of the tree of our souls, Nature.

I stopped walking when something caught my eyes.

It was a symbol craved in the middle of the packhouse. It was an image of a wolf and a girl praying towards the moon. The back of my head began pounding as I felt some weird memory getting dug in my skull.

"We humans are not scum. We humans need equality..." A large crowd marched towards a huge familiar ancient-looking castle while continuing chanting the word 'equality'.

When the crowd stood out of the fort, a loud menacing growl quietened the people.

"Humans," Leonardo snarled.

"We can't stay silent and watch you supernatural entities conquering our motherland. We want the same equivalence as you, mutt!" The man who looked around to be at his early thirties yelled at Leonardo. I assumed him to be the leader of the crowd behind him.

Leonardo chuckled darkly, "Mutt? Am I so? Then let me show you who I actually am."

His eyes blazed a bright gold and he narrowed them at the man. The leader cried out in pain and trembled harshly.