♟ Chapter 11 ♟

B e l l a ♣ A l b y

B e l l a ♣ A l b y

I said goodbye to Xanthos and made my way to my locker. Once I reached, I put on the password.

I glimpsed at my timetable which was sitting on top of the piles of my books. I let out a sigh. Today, the first course I had was French and second I had English. I memorized my today's timetable. At my last school, we had to follow one day's timetable for a whole year while here each day we had a different schedule to be followed.

As I was putting my French books in my backpack, I heard the clicking of heels. My heart started to pick up its beats.

I began getting flashbacks of my last school's queen bee and her minions as soon as I saw heels. I got reminded of my first encounter with her, I was pushed down the stairs. For two months, I was getting treatment from the school's dispensary as my right arm was fractured. My father refused to allow me to go to the hospital to get treated. He didn't care, he didn't want to spend money on a 'burden'.

I crouched down, holding my head in my hands. In my sight, I saw a pair of heels. Red heels to be more exact. Tears blurred my vision. Someone shook my shoulder and called my name. I gazed at the person, It was Natasha causing me to hyperventilate. "Breath Ella, breath in and out. In and out..." She continued telling the words 'in and out'.

However, I struggled to breathe. Natasha moved out of my sight and a pair of black shoes came in the line of my vision. I tried distracting my mind by focusing on the Adidas brand sign.

The person crouched down and wrapped their arms around me. My cheek rested on their chest. Sparks travelled through my body. I recognised it was Xanthos holding me by the sparks.

I concentrated on the rhythm of his heartbeat. After some time, my breathing became laboured. Lifting my head up, I saw Xanthos already staring at me.

"What happened? Why were you having a panic attack?" He voiced out his question.

"I-I go-got reminded of something bad. Th-that's all."

He stared ahead and made a confused face.

"Like what?"

"Red heels...old school-" I stopped myself. He turned towards Natasha who was now standing, looking at me in worry.

"Remove your heels," he commanded. She nodded her head and did what he asked.

I shook my head. "It's fine, wear them. What will you wear otherwise?" I noticed that I was still in Xanthos arms. I pulled away and got up from my crouched position.

"I have my gym shoes, I'll wear them." She shrugged her shoulders and walked towards me. "Before that, are you okay? I am really sorry I wouldn't have worn if I knew this would happen." Her eyes held regret in them.

"You didn't know so, stop apologizing. Let's get to our class. Which period do you have?"

"I am having French." She continued."I have to go to my locker to wear my shoes. You keep going, I will come after some time." I nodded my head and turned to face Xanthos. He looked lost in his thoughts.