♟Chapter 49♟

|XANTHOS|

|XANTHOS|

I stared at my mate as she struggled to breath and keep her eyes open. Trying my best in using all the sorcery I know, I attempted to bring her to her healthy self.

I should have seen this coming. I should have known what that fucker would have done as soon as he said those words. I should have been prepared for this and not for what I, along with the others thought it'll have been.

I assumed this entire fight of 'love or greed' was going to end by a war. By the bloodsheds of thousands in which half of them would have been a victim for nothing. I formulated plans after plans on what will I do to save my mate from this situation. But, I failed. I awfully failed.

'Again...' Luciano whispered brokenly in my mind.

I couldn't feel Vlaxin as his feelings weren't mixed along with the sadness that coursed through me.

My name was weakly whispered by my Bella. I continued my effort of opposing Draco's sorcery in her body. Draco was one of the powerful wizard present in supernatural beings. I too have the power of sorcery but my sorcery side is nothing in front of Draco's.

"T-this can't be happening again," I brokenly whispered. "This shouldn't have."

My strategy for ending this chaos was by gathering everyone's support and oppose Draco. And if that wasn't easy to go along then I planned for challenging him in front of everyone in the middle of Ball for the king's position.

A sudden buzz in my head made me almost wince.

'I feel our bond with mate slipping. I feel drained.' Luciano whimpered.

"Xan-Xanthos," My mate stuttered and deeply breathed.

I felt her body go limp against me. I no longer was able to hear her slow heartbeats.

She was gone. Gone far away from me, taking my hope and light along with her.

I howled as I couldn't digest the fact of my mate dying in front of me.

I closed my eyes and let the tears free from them. My hands trembled as I realized that my mate, my Bella was lying motionlessly.

This can't happen.

No. It's just a dream. I thought to open my eyes again and saw her plainly looking at me with her dead wide open orbs. The bluish-green looked lifeless; void of any light.

I can't reicarnate us again, it'll just be against the laws of nature. 

My heart contracted in pain and my body shook in distress with tears rolling down my cheeks. I gazed around myself to see people witnessing me with horror-filled eyes.