♟ Chapter 24 ♟

B       E       L      L      A

I stared at the creature that was standing in front of me. I could not believe my own eyes, they were almost popping out of their sockets. Xanthos transformed into some wild beast. But how? What was he? Who was he? There were so many questions that were running inside my brain.

The feral creature who just killed the other creatures with canines and red eyes was staring at me with its Golden orbs as if it was excepting me to run away from it.

When I didn't move, it took a slow step forward. It looked like a wolf standing on its two limbs. Its canine teeth were long. Very long. I would've been scared if I wasn't aware that it was none other than Xanthos.  

I heard heavy footsteps coming towards me. I felt a traitor tear slip from my eye. Before I could lift my hand to wipe it, his sharp needle-like claw, wiped it away. 

I looked straight at the golden orbs which were looking at me softly. It didn't have any vicious glint like it had while killing the bloody creatures. Eyes looked similar to Xanthos whenever he was using his magic. 

"So, you can also be this way, huh?" I voiced out my question humorously. "I was so scared when that vampire held me captive you know?" I tried to keep my tears from falling but I broke down anyway.

"Mate faced it bravely." He patted my head. "Wish to hug mate but I can't stain mate with dirt." I immediately hugged him. 

Why was he sounding so unusually... cute? Don't tell me- "Who're you?"

"I'm Xan's wolf, Luciano," he said it in a thick voice. Xan's wolf? And Luci- holdup...

"Luciano?" I breathed out in shock. How was it possible?

"I'm sure mate would be having many questions. I can't explain mate in this half shift form. Xan will explain mate. But please don't run away from us. Please!"

I took in his facial expression. He looked scared. Why was he scared at the thought of me leaving him? And why was he calling me mate so continuously? Don't tell me he was friend-zoning me this way. I let it slide for now.

"Don't worry, I don't have anyone else to lean on as much as I lean on you." I've a so much feelings for you that I don't have the strength in me to push that way. I wanted to say that but I can't say that with knowing how he felt about me. "Well, I want to ask you so many questions," I said gazing up at him.

He took my face in his rough hands and stroked my cheeks tenderly, looking at me softly in my eyes. "We're so lucky. We want mate to be happy." With that said, he turned around and walked behind a tree.

I waited for the Luciano to come back. However, it was Xanthos who came out with a smile on his face that made him look like a flower boy who just didn't take down four creatures all alone. "Hey," He mumbled looking at me uncertainly.