♟Chapter 42♟

A/N Thank you sheenajanson for making me this banner and for your support!

A/N
Thank you sheenajanson for making me this banner and for your support!

BELLA

The entire forest was silent.

Holding the bow was a familiar woman with white-blonde hair and blue-green eyes similar to mine. Vlaxin hit the other man who was supporting the guy lying lifelessly on the ground. The man's head turned to an awkward angle before he too fell palely to the dirt.

I never once took my eyes away from the woman. The woman who fed me until I was nine years old. She was the only one who protected me with her life and died for me in the hands of my father. Then how was she alive? What was she going here?

Tears welled my eyes as I took slow steps towards her. My hands began to tremble in happiness and sadness. It was a different type of feeling to see someone after so many years. Someone who you saw dying in front of you. Someone to whom you pleaded to stay with you.

Bella? I heard Xanthos' voice in my head but I didn't reply back to him as I weakly walked to her.

I didn't care on whatever my foot trudged on. I just kept on walking with tears now falling uncontrollably from my eyes.

"Mom..." I breathed out her name. Her greenish-blue eyes looked glassy as she stared at me. "Mom..." I whispered again in pain.

She was alive but never took me away from my miseries and agony. Never visited me to get me away from those monsters who made me walk on pieces of glasses.

A sob escaped my lips as she took a step forward. "Princess...? Is that you?"

I closed my eyes as soon as she muttered her nickname for me. Old memories of her playing with me, cooking food with me, teaching me about days to day lives of poor as and rich and many other things flashed in my eyes but instead of savouring the recollections, I tried to clear them off of my mind.

"How...?" I asked her whilst standing in front of her. She opened her mouth to speak but I beat her to it. "How are you breathing when you died in front of me?!" I yelled in anger. I didn't care about whoever was watching us but my only focus was on her.

"Princess--"

"Stop calling me that! How-how are you still alive? What are you doing here? Why did you leave me? Leave me with those monster--those Satans who almost killed me every once in a while!" Heavy tears escaped my eyes and my breathing became ragged. "You purposely left me to get beaten--"

"Let me explain!" She interrupted me but I continued yelling mean things at her.

"The physical and the mental trauma I went through for the past nine years is something you would have also not experienced at my age. I was a punching bag for them. To your ex-husband, step-mother and step-brother!"