♟Chapter 48♟

BELLA

BELLA

"Finally!" I exclaimed silently and got down from the wolf also known as Luciano.

It was really a long ride from the place from where we were coming from and to the huge castle in front of me. Though I enjoyed the whooshing of air and enjoy the night ride on my mate, I began feeling drowsy after some time.

A whine caused me to snap out of my thoughts and looked at the source from which the noise came from. My mate nudged my hand with his snout, asking for his pant. I placed it in his open mouth and turned around. Loud cracking sounds reached my ear, making me aware that my mate was shifting to his human self.

"Are you dressed, I mean half-dressed?" I asked Xanthos.

"Hmm. . ."

I turned around and noticed that we were the only one who has reached before the others. "Where are the others?" I asked him worriedly.

"They are coming."

Xanthos' attention was no longer at me but at the huge castle in front of us. A considerable enough crowd was formed in front of the castle gate as the guards inspected each and everyone before allowing them in the castle. The entire fort seemed gloomy except for the white light illuminating from every window that was visible from the place we were standing.

No one noticed me and Xanthos standing alone and just walked past us with mixed emotions swivelling in their eyes. I got a quick glimpse of anger and excitement in each one of their eyes.

I saw Xanthos and caught the sight of his hands in tight fists with his jaw clenched. I walked closer to him and wrapped my arms around his torso as I noticed how stiffly he was standing.

I felt his muscles relax underneath me and I got engulfed in warmness. "This all is because of me, mate. It's all just because of me." He breathed in deeply, burying his head at the crook of my neck. "If I wasn't compelled by someone, I wouldn't have done what I did in my past. I made a huge mistake of agreeing to share power with the supernatural union."

"It's not your fault. Our life would have been boring and this story wouldn't have been born if Draco never interfered." I said, trying to make him calm.

He pulled away and shook his head. "If-if Draco wouldn't have stepped in our lives, we would be living together, just you and I. We would have been ruling together till this day. Fuck! We would be having our future generation!"

"In total, you would have been old and kissed your wheelchairs." A gruff manly voice, which I recognised to be Teddy's, came from behind me.

I turned around and saw the entire pack of Alpha Loisel standing in a group.  However, Alpha Loisel was nowhere to be seen amongst them.