♟ Chapter 14 ♟

B E L L A

B E L L A

I could see nothing but black. Why were my eyes closed? When did I close my eyes? Slowly, I opened them.

"I-I th-think sh-she Ju-Ju-just g--" I rubbed my eyes to clearly see who were there. Xanthos was standing calmly, way to calmly and a man who seemed to be the nurse was trying to get up from the floor. Why was the man struggling there? I saw Xan's eyes glowing gold answering my question. He was using his magic to punish the guy but for what? 

I had to save the man.

"It's too late now," Xanthos said and flicked his hand causing the guy to wither in pain. I had to save the man but I was frozen in one place. I tried to get up but I felt heavy. I had no stability in me to drag myself up. I glanced at the man and saw he was struggling to speak. "My bad," Xanthos whispered before squatting down and continued, "Did you fucking think of her to be some lab rat?!" He shouted or more like growled and the guy began spatting blood. I hurridely reached for a glass of water which was kept at the right side of the bed I was laying as I felt my throat too horse to speak. 

"S-sir...se-sem-atriptan...mi-migraine-" The guy struggled to speak.

"But that-" Xanthos pointed at the tube which was lying down on the ground; broken into pieces. "-doesn't smell like it. You were going to test your nonsense on my human, Isn't it?" The man's face turned red by now. "Answer me!"

I gulped the glass of water before I faced Xanthos. "Xan," I said in a small voice. It was almost a whisper. He was too concentrated on the person he was harming. I plucked out all the tubes that were attached to me and got up from the bed.

I ran towards the scene though I felt light-headed.

"Xanthos leave him!" I shouted. However, he continued to be deaf. I touched his hand that was now around the man's neck. It looked as though he was ready to separate the man's head from his body.

As soon as I touched his hands, I was sent flying across the room. I hollered in pain as my back hit a steel table with a large force. I was sure new bruises are added to my back. I sat straight on the ground and tried to get up but my back exploded with pain. I whimpered, "Xanthos, leave the man." My voice shook because of fear.

His head snapped to my direction. When he saw me on the ground in pain, he left the man that he was holding and ran towards me. He whimpered when I cowered away from him.

"Bella I wasn't I-I didn't mean to hurt you." He came to me again. I tried to stand up and run away from him. However, I couldn't. I felt my back as if it was on fire. I squirmed a little to adjust my back straight.

I must use this as my chance to distance Xanthos before he comes to know my secret 

"Go-go aw-way from me. Don't come near me." I kept my hands in a defensive stance. I was shaking like a leaf trying to act afraid. He tried to come near me but I stopped him. "Don't." I looked straight in his eyes. His eyes were bloodshot. His lips were trembling. A traitor tear slipped from his eyes. Was he crying? What in the world... no I must continue putting up an act to make sure he doesn't get hurt in the future.