♟ Chapter 26 ♟

B E L L A

B E L L A

I looked through my wardrobe. I didn't have many clothes of different sorts with me. So, it was easy for me to pack.

I zipped my bag once I completed filling it. "Hand me the bags and check if you've left something else that you need. I'll go and place them in my car," he said grabbing my bags. 

"I want to end everything with them today."  

"Just say a word and they'll be gone," he said with a dead serious look.

"You just go keep these bags, you psychopath." He obeyed my words and was quick to disappear.

 Stepping out of my room, I glanced back for one last time and sighed, "I'm surely not going to miss you." I chuckled at myself as I spoke to my non-living room.

I walked to my front door but halted when I heard my father's harsh voice. "Stand where you are standing!"

I spun around and glared at my father with hatred and anger. My blood boiled as I thought of my past ten years of living with him and his family. I bit my lip in anger.

With new confidence, I advanced forward; towards my father.

"Don't you dare glare at him, mutt." I scowled at the name Angelo called me.

My glare shifted to my stepmother. "I'll glare, Angelo! It's my wish. I can do whatever I w-want," I stuttered a bit as my confidence slightly wavered.

"What did you say?" I squirmed under her intense glare, nevertheless, stood my ground.

I took another step forward. "I said," I paused. "I can do whatever I want to do."

I shut my eyes tightly at the sight of Lewis. He made me trust him though in a rude way, but when I got whipped by my own father, he didn't even try to stop the situation.

He used the relation card to break me mentally and succeeded in that.

I opened my eyes and glared at him. "Before answering your question, I want to tell a few w-words to you." I gulped my fear of getting beaten for speaking against him and took a step forward."You were never a good brother of mine. A brother always tries to protect his siblings but no, you helped them!" I took a deep breath to calm my outrage. "You partially succeeded in breaking me. You believed your parents about me being an attention seeker!" I wiped the tears that fell from my eyes while I was yelling.

Lewis had a look of shock on his face. Angelo and my father looked at me blankly.

"You asked me why I chose to ignore your orders, right? Well, it's because I am no longer under your control. I no longer need to depend on your people. I got freedom from you all. I am sure Xanthos will never raise his hand on me, unlike you people. Ten years I have been living with you as a slave! I hate you all! I hate you, monsters!" I panted and tried to catch my breath. My chest felt less heavy than before as I poured out all my hidden anger of the last ten years.