♟ Chapter 1 ♟

A/N: Trigger warning: Abuse

BELLA

I still don't know why I see the same dream again and again. 

Standing in front of me were two people, more specifically, a girl and a boy. Their faces were not visible to me; they were blurry. 

"Alpha Ruzzox." The girl's voice sounded like a whisper. "W-why do I feel connected to you? Why does this weird feeling of tingles come over me whenever I see you?" 

The boy laughed and said, "how naive could you be, Amanda?" 

"What?" 

He chuckled."We're mates." 

"B-but I'm a human, I'm a pet for you..." 

I was suddenly woken from my deep slumber. I opened my eyes only to notice that it was none other than my dear stepbrother holding an empty bucket in his hand. My teeth started chattering and goosebumps surged as the cold air came in contact with my skin and I realized I was fully drenched with ice-cold water. 

I gazed at shouting Lewis Alby. "Belwhore! You did not wake up on time again. I went down to the kitchen expecting my breakfast to be ready, but I found that the place was as it was. You didn't even clean the house yesterday after my party! Now get up and clean the entire house by seven o'clock. Before my parents come, the house should be as clean as it was the day before they left." 

After nodding, I obediently got up from the bed and stood in front of him with my head bowed down in submission.

"Hmm... and one more thing, you are going to suffer consequences for disobeying me. You will be punished soon, and I am not the one who's going to do it because I believe mine is much simpler than my parents." 

My eyes widened in fear as I wondered about the consequences. If my stepmother, Angelo knew that I disobeyed her son, she'll put me through near-death experiences again.

I didn't want to get admitted to a hospital bed with all those tubes and machines around me again. I really felt sick there. The bruises she gave were as if I was getting tattoos on my body. Each scar that covers me tells a different story. Oh God please help-

My thoughts were cut short when I felt a stinging sensation on my cheek. I let out a hiss before looking at Lewis. Why did he slap me? 

"You didn't acknowledge my question. You didn't even answer me with a simple nod. You-you disobeyed me again. Let me make today memorable."  He slowly moved towards me. His eyes were shining with rage.

Our chests were almost touching each other. I tried to move back, but he put an arm around my waist and pulled me closer. His right hand went to touch my lower back. I knew where this was going - I understood by the way he touched me. I didn't feel right, so I did what first came to my mind. His grip loosened around my waist as I stomped on his foot. I used it as my chance to get away.