♟ Chapter 27 ♟

B     E     L     L     A

The car ride was uncomfortably silent. After five minutes, I started squirming in my seat. So, I decided to break the silence.

"What are you hiding, Xanthos?" I asked the question which was revolving in my head ever since I got freedom from my hell.

"Nothing." He glanced at me and returned his focus to the road.

"No, you are lying to me. Tell me, Xanthos, What are you freaking hiding?" I asked; growing frustrated.

I didn't want to force him to tell me. But, I was curious as to what he was not telling me. I needed to know more about him to understand him. I knew he was keeping something very important from me.

"I fucking said nothing!" He whisper-yelled causing me to whimper.

"If it's nothing, then explain to me who is Vlaxin," I demanded further.

"He's no one you need to worry about, my luna" I clutched my hands into fists as soon as I heard him say that weird endearment. Pain coursed through my head as though something was pushing my brain from its place.

I ignored it and focused back on the conversation between me and Xanthos. "That means, he's someone I need to be concerned about. Who is he?"

His grip on the steering wheel tightened. His eyes were turning a light shade of gold.

"Drop it, Bella." He said through his gritted teeth.

I would have dropped the matter if it was some other day but today I was believing and moving with him. For that, I needed to know everything about him.

"Okay fine, If you aren't going to disclose who is Vlaxin then do one thing, S-Stop the car," I said pushing his buttons for the answer.

I was never this adamant for anything and would have left this topic. However, deep down I knew Xanthos wouldn't harm me for being myself and not being submissive.

"I'll not." His knuckles were turning white compared to his skin colour.

"Oh yes, You'll stop the car. You have sensitive hearing, right?" I was formulating a plan and I was sure it was going to work.

"What that has to do with me answering the questio-" I cut him off by my shrill scream.

I remembered wolves have a very good sense of hearing.

"Oh, goddess, stop it!"

I didn't have any idea to stop anytime soon, I continued screaming.

"Please stop screaming, angel."

I heard his orders and pleas. I internally patted myself.

Ah! I knew his ears were going to pain by my squeaky scream.