♟ Chapter 23 ♟

X     A     N     T     H     O     S

I broke out of my past recalling moment when I felt someone shake my shoulders. I noticed it was none other than my dear mate. I felt Vlaxin trying to break out and take control of my body. He yearned for a warm hug from his mate. He desired to hold her against him. I knew, how much he regretted what he did in his past to Amanda.

"Xanthos! Are you okay? I have been trying to wake you up from whatever trance you were in." Her worried eyes made me dart my eyes away from hers; I felt really horrible.

"I am fine, you needn't worry about me. How are you feeling? Better?" I didn't meet her eyes once instead kept my head lowered. Though that incident happened many years ago, I felt like it happened today. I didn't know where she had so much strength to bear the abuse she went through. "How're you getting treated at your home?" 

"Well, thanks to you, they puke blood if they try something on me," she said scrunching her nose.

I pinched her cheeks causing them to go red. I love the fact that I can make her blush.

"Did you make mac and cheese?" Bella asked sitting criss-cross on the bed whilst pointing out the plate which was set up on the nightstand. I nodded my head slowly. She looked at the plate and then back at me.

I chuckled at her cute expression. "I prepared it for you, Mio Amore."  

"Really?" She whispered. I pointed at the plate with my index finger and signalled her to eat. She picked it up and took a small bite. "You made it?" She asked while chewing, her voice was muffled. Oh, goddess, she's so cute. I grinned whilst shaking my head. "Woah!" She exclaimed. I was glad she liked it. "Want a bite?" she offered. I shook my head.

"It's for you too," She said and frowned and lifted her fork up to feed me.

I leaned my head near the fork but instead swivelled and sucked her thumb. Her face lit up a bright red. I took the fork from her hands and pushed it towards her mouth. She kept her lips sealed shut. I placed the fork in between her lips. This time she got up from the bed and ran to the other side of it causing me to chuckle.

'Mate wants a chase.' Luciano said excitedly. I shook my head and tittered internally.

"Come on Bella! Eat the food," I demanded her while playfully glaring at her.

"I don't want to! Not when you do whatever you did right now!" She blushed brightly and placed a hand on her chest, heaving heavily. 

"Aren't you hungry?" She shook her head. I jumped to the other side of the bed.

She gaped at me. "H-How--" she stuttered. Me and my wolf let her run as she started sprinting in the direction of the hallway.

She whirled behind and shook her head, disappointedly, "See! I'm faster than you!" She hollered. She reached the back door which leads to the forest. She twisted the knob but before she could step out, I snaked my arms around her waist and pulled her flush against me and sniffed her scent as silently as possible.