♟ Chapter 3 ♟

BELLA

BELLA

I peeled my eyes open by the sound of knocking on my door. I looked around my room, It was still dark. I rubbed my eyes with my palms to remove the rest of my sleep.

I walked towards the door to open it only to find Lewis standing with his hand in his sweater pocket.

"Bel, good morning. Still sleepy I see? Get ready and neatly dressed up. We don't want other people to see your condition, right? So, wear an appropriate dress from your royal wardrobe. See ya down in five minutes."

I glanced at my things. Was I supposed to take my cardboard bed or a broken wardrobe? Will they provide me with better facilities there or are they going to make me stay in a dog's hut?

"Lew-wis?" Lewis turned towards me and nodded his head asking me to continue."Will I get better facilities there? Or should I bring--" I was cut off by Lewis.

"You don't need to bring this--" He pointed his index finger at my bed. "--junk there. We will provide you with a better piece of furniture. You needn't worry about it. I'm sure, dad must have taken care of your things separately."

I nodded my head."Thank you, sir," I muttered.

He nodded his head making me know he accepted my gratitude. He started walking but stopped before turning behind to look at me. The next few words from him made me look at him with confusion.

"Belwhore, I- uh..." He stared down before looking back at me. "I'm sor- I apologize for what I did yesterday no scratch that I apologize for what I've been doing to you throughout your life till this day. If I don't follow his orders, I wouldn't be able to survive." His eyes stared at me with pity before continuing, "sometimes holding too much power isn't really rainbows and sunshines."

With that said, he walked as fast as possible leaving me completely clueless and speechless.  Who's orders was he talking about? Why did he apologize all of a sudden? Who's the one who has too much power?

"Hurry up, Can't be waiting all day for you."

I sauntered back to my room and started getting ready for today's trip. I am glad that I needn't carry my old furniture with me. Maybe going to a new place had its perks.

I took a long shower still wondering why exactly lewis said those words. I went to my closet and found a decent dress to wear. I wore a long blue shirt and normal black jeans which I brought myself from the yearly carnival. Of course, I had to sneak out when they were not there in the house.

I sifted my hair into a fish plate. When I scanned myself in the mirror I found myself to be almost normal.

I wore my wristwatch and made my way downstairs. I didn't glance back at the attic where I lived for around eight years. It just had many unpleasant memories of mine. That attic was my safe yet unsafe place for me. That was the room where I got rap--