12- Who cares?

Kassie's POV

"As I told you, I was drunk and I didn't know..... "

"Why you explaining yourself to me? We are just partners at a stupid dance, nothing else. Come Macy, we have some math to do, remember? "I stated and walked away. I can't believe that he slept with her. Why should I care? People at the top always end up with those at the top, not with people like me. As soon as we boarded the bus, Macy started to apologize.

"You don't have to. I don't get why he was explaining himself back there," I answered and looked around. There is something about this bus, something strange.

"Maybe he likes you, that's why he was guilty. What happened though? He used to be your crush when we were in middle school."

"Yes,in middle school, not now," I corrected her. After a while the bus stopped and we alighted. I walked into our house and met Mia with some guy. He looked surprised to see me and when he greeted me he removed his baseball hat. Chill dude, it's just a sixteen year old teenager.

"Am...... Kassie hello. My name is Maverick, your mum's workmate."

"Nice to meet you. We'll be upstairs if you need us," I informed Mia before following Macy upstairs. She threw herself on to my bed and her phone suddenly rang. She picked it up and talked for a while before hanging up.

"August wants to know if we'd like to join him on the team's outing during the weekend. Almost everyone is going, including the cheer leading squad and the journalism club. It's going to be so fun. "

"You go. I'll remain here with Lucia. I'm sure Hazel will bring her here, since we bonded a lot with her. Right now let's do the maths assignment so that you'll be free for the weekend."

"Thanks a lot," she beamed with joy before removing her books. After some few hours we were done and she left with Maverick in his car. Mia was preparing dinner and I was watching an animation when August arrived.

"Mum,Andrew will be spending the night here. He doesn't want to take his car to the retreat,"I heard August tell Mia before she giggled.

"Alright, dinner will be ready in a few, "she replied. Of all nights he just had to sleep over tonight. I focused on the TV and pretended that I hadn't noticed their arrival. Going on that retreat would be the worst mistake I would ever make. 48 hours with the untouchables and the A team, no breaks and no grown ups at all. Bella came to the living room in her shorts and a huge t shirt that might belong to her many exes and sat across me. August and Andrew joined us and things just got weirder. August decide to talk to me and Bella couldn't get her hands off Andrew.

"Andrew says you already know about the incident. "

"Yes and honestly I don't care."

"Are you sure? He seems worried as if you two signed a contract and he broke one of the conditions," he snatched the remote from my hand and sarcastically said. I laughed and everyone looked at me, puzzled. Why would Andrew care about how I feel?

"Dinner is ready! "Mia shouted and we all went to the dinning table. I sat between Mia and August, while Bella sat with Andrew, across us. We prayed and served our plates. August always has a story that made us laugh and made the dinner more exciting.

Andrew's POV

I think she is still mad at me.
But her laugh makes me think otherwise.
I had tried to make Bella understand that what happened was a mistake but her head was still in the clouds. She even wore the t shirt I left here last time. After dessert, we went to the living room and August decided on a movie. Kassie fetched some blankets for us and Mia had prepared popcorn.

"Don't make a lot of noise, I have to wake up super early tomorrow for work, "she warned before going upstairs. I lied on the floor as soon as the lights were switched off and the movie started. I looked beside me and realised it was Kassie, not Bella.

"She's afraid of horrors if you are wondering why she isn't here, "Kassie whispered and ate some popcorn.

"And you are not afraid? "

"Please. If this was a horror film I would be the one saving y'all, "she joked and we both laughed. August shushed us and mouthed love birds. At least I didn't ruin everything.

 At least I didn't ruin everything

King Arthur