57 - Aftermath

Andrew's POV

It had been three days now.
The sky was grey and the place was quiet.
Hazel told us that Kassie was very weak and we could only hope for her body to positively respond to the portion she had given her so that she could regain her energy and wake up. Sally, on the other hand, had a lot of internal injuries and she was getting better since her bleeding had stopped. She was also in a coma but her condition was better.

"Hey, can I talk to you in private?" Bella asked and as I followed her outside, I noticed that she had a bandage on her right arm.

"I didn't know you got hurt," I told her while pointing at her arm.

"It's not as serious as it looks. Anyway, I wanted to apologize."

"For what?"

"For basically being a brat and casting a love spell on you. I have learnt so many things during the last few weeks and I realised that I won't waste my life focusing on the irrelevant things. I came to learn that The Untouchables were just there for the popularity and that Kassie is your soul mate. I hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me," she answered. It was nice seeing Bella this way and I hope that things would work out for her. After accepting her apology and telling her that I had forgiven her, I went back to Kassie's room to check up on her. Things hadn't changed and although Sally's condition was getting better day by day, Kassie still remained in the same state. I sat beside her body and held her cold hand.

"Please wake up, I need you," I whispered and examined her face. She was still pale and her breathing was slow.

Jean's POV

I rushed to Hunter and gave him all the reports he wanted. Since Kassie hadn't woken up from her coma, Hunter had to stand in for her and become King. It was just for a short while, until Kassie's condition gets better. I walked out of the royal office and went to Queen Alexia's room. I wanted to talk to her before she left for her kingdom.

"I know you want to ask about the dagger."

"Yes, I do. It was supposed to be destroyed."

"Yes, but the council wanted everyone, including Katherine to believe that it was destroyed but it was instead given to me for protection. They knew that one day, Katherine would be unstoppable and the dagger was the only weapon left to finish her. They gave it to me since Astoria would be the last place Katherine would ever think of attacking, since we do not have supernatural powers like the other four kingdoms."

"What will happen to it now?"

"I don't know. The magic council will know how to handle it. I'm heading out now. Congratulations on your engagement and I wish you both all the happiness in the world, "she answered and gave me a warm smile. She picked up her crown and walked out of the room. I hope the dagger will be locked somewhere safe. We wouldn't want a second Katherine arise in future.

*****

After burning Katherine's and Elle's body to ashes ,we all went to our rooms. Days in Utopia were gloomy and it reminded us of Queen Magdalene's death. Some Utopians always passed by the castle and left 'get well soon' messages for both Kassie and Sally. They also brought flowers and decorated the courtyard with them. It was such a beautiful thing to do and I knew for a fact that they missed King Arthur.

"Are you okay? "Bruce asked as he joined me in bed and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Yeah."

*****

Macy's POV

"She's awake," Jerome told us before going back to the room. Who was awake? August quickly held my hand and dragged me along with him. I should have known that he meant Sally, not Kassie.

"How are you feeling? "

"Better, I guess, "she answered. Hazel examined her body and told us that the portion was working.

"What about Kassie? Why is she still pale? Why isn't her condition getting better? "Andrew kept on asking. Kassie's condition had affected almost everyone, but Andrew seemed to be the one suffering the most. He was always with her in her room and he sometimes slept beside her. He truly loves my best friend, I told myself as Hazel tried to explain to him that patience was key to her recovery.

"Bro, calm down, "August tried calming him down but failed.

"No! I'm not going to calm down! Your sister's  body is always pale and she is still cold. Am I the only one who seems worried that her body isn't making even the slightest progress?"

"We are all worried but we have to believe that she will be okay. She is a fighter and I'm certain that she will also conquer this," I told him and held his hand. "Trust me, I've known her for more than a decade. She will wake up, soon."
He calmed down and gave me a hug. I could tell that he felt guilty and helpless but this wasn't his fault.

*****

Andrew's POV

It had been three days since Sally woke up and the atmosphere in the castle had changed. Hazel informed us that Kassie's body was finally responding and her report was true since her body temperature was back to normal. After breakfast, I went back to her room and sat beside her. I knew that she wasn't listening to me but I always cleared my head by talking to her. I found peace with myself and accepted that this wasn't my fault. All I wanted right now was for her to wake up.

"Hazel says that the portion might be working, which is good news, "I started talking while holding her hand. "You're no longer cold which means everything will be back to normal soon. I miss you, Kassie. Please come back, I need you. I've realised that I've always loved you, ever since middle school and I still love you."

"When I tell you that I love you will you stop crying all over my arm?" I heard Kassie sarcastically ask. I looked up and my eyes met with hers. She was finally awake. "I love you, Andrew Marshall."