6 - My sweetheart

Kassie's POV

"Thank you all for coming here. The cheer leading committee and the journalism club really appreciate all of you for registering with us last week. We did the matching of numbers from both bowls and  I can say, the couples here are quite interesting. We've decided that this year's theme is A Royal Ball. So after this, tiaras for the ladies and crowns for the guys will be available at our desk in the cafeteria. Let's make this year's sweetheart dance memorable. "

Everybody cheered and Brittany took the microphone. "The couples are, number one, Claire and Jordan." The Untouchables cheered as the two hugged. She kept on reading until she reached number seven."Isn't this a fascinating pair. Kassie Henderson and Andrew Marshall. "

I got Andrew. How could I get Andrew? Of all these male homo sapiens I just had to get Andrew?

"Are you sure, Brittany? You might have read it wrong, it's Bella not Kassie. "

"I'm sorry Bella but it clearly shows it's Kassie. " She will probably hate me more after this. Andrew came up to me and smirked.

"I guess my lucky number brought me good fortune, "he joked and held my hand.

"Spare me Andrew. It's just a stupid dance."

"That you are going to go with me. You know, we should look for Royal names for the dance. I can call you Princess Katherine and I'll be? "

"Prince Butthead," I said and found myself laughing with him.

"At least I made you laugh."

"Ha Ha, "I told him and walked out of the hall. I looked for Nova and Macy but I couldn't find them anywhere.

"Excuse me, young lady, where is the school library?"

"Walk straight and take the second route to your left, "I explained to the man. He thanked me before going. He wore a huge black cloak and had a huge hairy beard. Does he know something called the barber shop?

"Kassie! Kassie! Guess who's going to the dance with me, "Macy ran up to me, rejoicing.

"My brother? "

"Yes, "she responded and we screamed happily. We saw August and Andrew leave the hall and decided to act cool.

"Since we are stuck as the four Muchachos, you should join us for a party tonight. "

"Andrew you know very well my sister doesn't party. "

"Thank you brother and besides, I don't want to get into trouble with Bella," I added and Andrew sighed.

"Fine then. But if you change your mind, tell me. "

"Okay, "Macy replied and we walked away.

"I think you should come. At least I'll get to see you in a dress and show people the fun Kassie I know. "

"You can go but I'd rather stay at home, "I insisted.

              *       *       *       *       *
My window suddenly opened and Nova walked in.

"I didn't think you'll be here. I came to return your pillow. You do know there is a party, right? "

"Yes and I'm not going, "I said and he placed my pillow on my bed.

"Kassie, you can't spend the last two years of your high school locked up in your room, applying nail polish on your toenails and glittering your notebook. You need to get out more often, meet people,make mistakes so that you can learn from them. Besides, which stories will you give your children? "

"Umm, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, oh and politics, a lot of politics, "I laughed and Nova hit me with his car keys.

"Go take a shower and we'll go together, "he ordered. I rolled my eyes at him, got out of bed and went to the bathroom. After showering I wore a blue,sleeveless top with a black skater skirt. I braided my hair into two pigtails and walked out. I didn't do make up and accessories since my necklace always complimented my face. "You look stunning, your highness, "he commented and laugh.

"I forgot it's the season of royalty, "I sarcastically laughed and followed him to his car. We passed by his  date's house, Elle, to pick her up. Elle was one of the few good souls at school, and I couldn't be happier if these two dated or even got married. We arrived at a huge mansion and Nova parked his car. "Who's place is this? "

"Claire, "Elle replied as we got out of the car. I quickly wore my denim jacket and followed them inside. The house was packed with people and the scent of beer was everywhere. This is exactly why I don't come to such parties. I went to the backyard pool, sat on a bench and tried to contact Macy.

"Look who decided to come, " a guy said and sat beside me.

"Do I know you? "

"I don't think so. Hello I'm Peter. We met a few days ago in the library. You couldn't find the new adventure section so I helped you out."

"Oh yes, I remember you now. How come I don't see you around at school? "

"Trying to stay low and avoid drama. There's a guy approaching us and I don't think he is glad to see the both of us together. "

Nova Huarto

Nova Huarto