10 - Babysitter

Kassie's POV

After school, I went straight home and found Hazel at our place, with Mia.

"We've been waiting for you dear. Hazel wants to request you to do something for her,"Mia explained after giving me a hug.

"I'm going to a convection tonight and because I know how unreliable Andrew is, I was wondering if you could babysit Lucia for me. "

"I'd love that, "I answered and I could see how relieved she was after hearing my reply.

"Thank you so much Kassie. I owe you one. Andrew will drop her off after his football practice and he'll pick her up tomorrow morning to take her to school," she explained. I assured her not to worry and Mia told her that she would keep an eye on us since Lucia would be sleeping with me. I excused myself and went to my room to shower and finish my assignment. Later, I cleaned up my room and ordered some pizza for the night. I hope Lucia isn't vegetarian since some of my allowance would have gone to waste. The doorbell rang and I went downstairs to open the door. Surprisingly enough, I found Peter dressed up in The Spicy Pizza hotel's uniform and holding my box of pizza.

"How convenient, "I joked and paid him.

"My uncle owns the place and I have to to work there. Family tradition, "he replied as he handed me my order. A white jeep pulled over and Andrew alighted. "Let me head off now. See you tomorrow? "he asked before smiling at me. I gave him a fist bump and watched as he hopped on the motorcycle and rode away. Lucia ran up to me and gave me a hug.

"I can't believe I'm spending the night with you, "she giggled and ran into the house. Andrew followed, carrying Lucia's bag. I closed the door behind him and took the bags from him. As I went upstairs I came across Bella, who seemed happy to see Andrew. I didn't even know she was at home. I placed the bags on my bed and went back downstairs. Lucia was already watching Sofia the first and Bella was busy laughing to whatever Andrew was telling her.

"Take care of her, "he told me before waving at Lucia. Bella picked up her coat and followed Andrew.

"If mum asks where I am tell her I'm at a party over at Andrew's place, "she added before I closed the door. Since when did Andrew and Bella start hanging out together? Lucia was such a free spirited child and was a huge fan of pizza. After watching some TV and finishing our pizzas, we went to my room to hang out. She insisted on drawing and I couldn't refuse. She drew some tiaras and I drew a flower and the peace sign. I'm not that much of an artist since every time I try to draw something my hand and pencil seem to have different opinions. After painting, she took out her beauty bag and decided to braid my hair.

"You love princesses a lot don't you? "

"Yes. I even have my own imaginary kingdom, "she responded and started to divide my hair into portions.

"And what's its name?"

"Utopia! "she exclaimed happily.

"Let me guess, you are a princess there? "

"Umm yes, but there is no queen. "

"Why? "

"Well, it is said that the queen will come back one day, and that all princesses should help her regain her crown, "she explained. Kids.

"Do you know the queen's name? Or have you ever seen her?"I inquired. She kept quiet for a while and I could hear her counting.

"I guess her name starts with A, since we are 25 princesses already, and we all represent a letter, except A. So it must be A." Her imagination is wild for her age and she was so enthusiastic about it as if it was real. I'd better not break her and tell her how fairy tales don't exist. As soon as she was done, she went to brush her teeth and went to bed. I sang her a lullaby with my not so awful voice and as soon as she was asleep, I went downstairs to watch a movie. I didn't want to go to bed because I was terrified of the nightmares. It was the same but I always felt more scared every time. It's just a nightmare though, nothing serious, right?

Katherine's POV

"My son has been avoiding me this past few days. Is he still with the princess? "

"Actually, he's been avoiding her. Also, the king sent another Royal guard to protect her. Information about your attack reached him fast,"Marcus answered and sipped from his cup. Let them enjoy themselves for now. Princess Amelia's birthday was coming up and with the sweetheart dance as a distraction, I'll be able to take the crown from the king and Utopia will be mine.

 Princess Amelia's birthday was coming up and with the sweetheart dance as a distraction, I'll be able to take the crown from the king and Utopia will be mine

Bella Henderson