Always Mine (18+)

The cast for this story is Ben Barnes as Nathan and Miles Mcmillian as Matthew.

"I'll see you guys bright and early tomorrow morning," I said as I started heading for my car. I smiled as I watched them walk towards the street light. Out of the corner, I saw someone come out of the dark.

Fuck, what was he doing here? I told them I wanted no part of the "family business". He smirked as I walked towards the driver's door.

"I thought I told all of you to leave me alone," I said looking at the door if I looked at him...

"I'm not here for you... boss is hurt," he said too close for my comfort. I looked up at his striking face. The face, I had so many dreams of since that weekend.

"What happened?" I asked trying to keep my face calm while talking to him.

"Since your not part of the "business", you don't get to know the details from me," he said, I can feel the anger bubbling.

"I'm driving," he said, taking the keys from my hand.

I didn't want to seat next to him, so I sat in the back. My thoughts traveling all over the place. I can't lose my dad, he's been my rock since mom died. He hasn't even found someone else but I'm working on that.

"Stop overthinking, he's fine," he said, I looked away from the window to look at him. I know I felt his stares at me, but it's been a while since I have last seen him.

"You haven't changed at all," I said, he looked at me,

"You have" his eyes staring at me just as he pulled up in front of my childhood home.

He unlocked the door, and I ran inside. I know he was following behind me. All his men watched me as I headed straight for his room. I saw my "Uncle" standing in front of his door.

"How bad is it?" I asked him,

"No hello, no hug," he said smiling at me. I smiled back, looking at his face. He looked older than I last have seen him. He needed to get out of the game if he wanted to enjoy his retirement.

"Always for you Uncle," I said, hugging him, I felt a wince when I touched his shoulder.

"He's good, doing better. He told us not to bother you but this one was a close call" he said looking from me to the door.

"Don't think I didn't see, once I'm done with Dad your next?" I said, just before entering the room.

He was sleeping, hooked up to a few machines. I grabbed the chart, before sitting down next to him. He was shot and had two bullets hit him. One near his heart and the other tore through his stomach.

He needed 4 bags of blood, to make sure they stitched up everything. He was out for most of it but they dosed him up on pain meds. This one was too close if the bullet hit his heart. I would have lost my father.

"I told them not to call you," he said waking up, he smiled at me.

"Dad..." I started to say,

"I know, this one was too close." He said looking at me,

"No more, I'll take over," I said, not liking the idea of it but for my father, I could do it.

"You and I both know that's never gonna happen, I already have my eyes set on a few successors," he said, he sat upon the bed. I grabbed some ice water for him, the drugs always make your throat dry afterward.

"Who?" I said, curiosity getting the better of me,

"Nathan and Damien are just two," he said looking at me,

"Never knew Nathan wanted to be a boss," I said mostly to myself but my father heard and sighed.

"He already has his eyes set on my biggest treasure," my dad said smiling at me:

"There is nothing going on between him and me," I said, letting him know.

"But there once was," he said,

"Dad please"

"He has asked for my permission"

"What, why would he do that?" I said getting heated,

"It's my right, to make sure the best man takes care of my son. However, if you choose not to do anything then move on" he said looking at me,

"Enough talking about this, let me go check on Uncle," I said taking one last look at Dad before leaving.

****

"Why didn't you get it checked out?" I asked Uncle, who still winced as I cleaned his wound.

"Your Dad was hurt badly, he needed it more than me"

"I should start charging for all this"

"But you won't because that means your part of the "business" and you don't want that," Nathan said, standing by the door,

"Asshole" I whispered under my breath, Uncle laughed and from the corner of my mouth, I could see a smirk from Nathan.

"You need to retire, old guys can't be running around with weapons," I said, both of them started laughing.

"We wouldn't want that" Uncle said, he looked from Nathan and me. He kissed my forehead before walking out of the room.

I started packing my go-bag, I felt his eyes on me the entire time. My heart racing, my heart wants him but my brain is not on board.

"What do you want?" I asked him, he's blocking my exit.

"You know what I want" he whispered, we were both looking at each other.

"And what might that be," I said, our lips only an inch away from each other.

"You," he said hovering over my lips, I wanted him to do it.

"Say the words"

"What words"

"That your mine" his voice was so huskier, I wanted him but a part of me wasn't ready. Not yet at least.

I ran out of there, my heart racing until I got in my car. He was not gonna make it easy for me to say no.