V

Elder Grant P.O.V

"How has the Pack been fairing?" I asked my nephew, he was reading the list of papers he always organized for me when I would come to visit.

It's been 2 years since he had taken over from my brother and still thinks that I want a full update on the Pack. I didn't say anything, he will be comfortable in his position one day.

"The Pack has been flourishing, we have enough money and we've accepted some new members" he said looking up at me.

My brother would have been proud of him. He always excelled since he was a pup. However I know since his father died, he had troubles with the Pack.

His Beta was still Michael, who was my brothers Beta. He couldn't let go, he needed to find his Beta. At least I had something to do on my visit.

"How is Michael?" I asked him, turning towards the window.

"He wants to retire but he hasn't trained anyone to take over" he said, standing besides me.

As I watched the Pack, I saw girl. She couldn't have been older than mid twenties. She has her eyes on the children, watching them while the mothers are doing their work. I never seen her before, the way she watched over them. She would die before anyone took the children.

"Who is she?" I asked my nephew, he stood closer to see.

"New Pack member, Rose. She joined not to long ago" he replied.

"Has she gone through training?" I asked him,

"No"

"Which Pack was she in before?"

"She doesn't talk much, has been on the run since she was 16. I don't have much information on her."

"What do you know then?"

"Her father was a Beta, she was rarely seen around the Pack. Ran away before she shifted" he said reading off the paper. I had sat in front of him now.

"She hadn't shifted" I stated, he nods.

"Must have shifted either 17 or 18, joined a wolf pack for a while, something happened that caused her to leave. Alone for a year or two before making her presence known."

"What do you mean presence known?" I asked him, he looked up at me.

"She left her scent near the borders and when my men finally found her. She said she's been waiting for them to get her" he said, I smiled.

She's a smart one, a survivor and has Beta blood. With the right training, she would be a great asset to the Pack. However if she excelled she could go even further.

"Have you tested her yet?" I asked him,

"No, I was going to in a few weeks" he said, I stood up and headed towards the door.

"Let's see what's she's made of"

As I reached near the children, she was no longer at her previous spot. She had gone closer towards them. She's a protector, and fully in control. The closer I got, I can feel how much control she had over herself.

"Name" I said, everyone was listening.

"Rose"

I walked near her, she had heard her name. She turned to face my direction, her eyes lowered but I can feel her watching my every move.

"My nephew hasn't tested your strength yet, so I wanted to see how someone like you can survive for so long"

"Nephew" I said, stepping back. She had started the change, and it was glorious. She had managed to shift in a matter of minutes.