IV

"Your house is amazing," Micah said, as we're walking to my basement. I laughed as he kept on going on.

"It's been with me for a while now, had it built a few decades away and renovated every 7 years," I told him, if he was amazed by this then I could just imagine how he would act once he finds out about the other houses I have around the world.

"I have a few things, you have to be careful with them," I said as we walked to my armory.

I opened it up, immediately feeling the waves of the weapons. Old Fae objects tend to pick up things after a while. I could feel him come to stand beside me.

"Choose which one you want to use," I said watching him decide, I can see a few of them move just a bit.

"Can I keep it afterward?" He asked as he touched the dagger. Light was her name. She wasn't a powerful weapon but can slice through anything.

"We'll see," I said, as he played around with it. She pricked him, and he let go. I grabbed the handle before she fell.

"I swear I didn't do that," he said, looking at Light more closely.

"She did, you need blood to build a connection," I said handing it to him.

"She?" He asked as he turned it around his hand.

"Light, that's her name. She isn't a powerful weapon like some other ones but she has power on her own" I said, closing the armory.

"She fights dirty too, might guide you if a fight breaks out," I said as we headed upstairs.

"Should I need training with her?" He asked, looking from her to me.

I called Peace and attacked him. Light blocked it while he looked stunned. I grinned as I willed Peace to change into a spear.

"Let's see, what you got," I said as I started attacking him. They weren't hard hits since this was just practice.

I saw the realization that he needed to defend himself. Moments later he was fighting just like me. The dagger helped, I know she would but it was surprising to see him be one with the dagger so fast. It must be his ancestors watching over him.

"That was amazing," he said as I handed him some water. I had packed a few things for the trip.

"So what's the game plan?" He asked me, as he started driving,

"We're gonna see if I can get anything, we will update the Alpha, try not to get caught," I said as I watched out the window.

"Sounds good," he said as he kept on driving.

The drive wasn't that long but our legs were starting to cramp out. We both got out and went to look for lunch. As we walked to a nearby dinner, I felt a wave of energy.

There might be another Fae in the area, dam I hoped it was another supernatural. I quickly added another layer of protection as we got something to eat.

We started walking around the nearby town, I had a bad feeling about it all. I sent a text to the Alpha telling him that we might need backup. I also texted him that if it's just me to leave it alone.

"Do you feel like someone is watching you?" He said as we walked to the nearby bed and breakfast we were gonna get a room at.

"Yes, which is why I need to talk," I said as we walked inside,

Once we got the room, he leads the way while I followed him. I felt energy calling to me, whoever this Fae was had power.

"If anything happens, you make a run for it," I told him,

"What? Why? No, I'm not leaving you" he said, I smiled at him.

"This Fae is strong, and right now it thinks your human. So if anything happens to me, you go and leave me behind" I told him, I could see him trying to protest.

"Pete would never forgive me if something happened to you. I would never forgive myself so you run when the time comes" I told him,

A few hours later, we started the look for the Fae. I got bits and pieces of magic but not enough to tell me a location.

We pretended to be a couple, walking along the Park. My connection with Earth was stronger. The Fae left bits of magic for me to follow.

A few more minutes of walking we saw, a building. I looked over at Micah who looked like he saw a ghost.

"This is it" he whispered, I nodded before trying to get a look at the building. I saw the runes but it was too late, I couldn't use my magic.

The two wolves were in the cages while the last cage held a Fae. I tried to get back to Micah but her face captured my eyes.

That's when I realized that it was a trap, I sensed her coming behind me. I felt her hit the back of my head. I dropped and saw Micah running.

***

"Good, you're up," the women said, I wasn't in a cage but my hands were tied.

"Another Fae, your not fully Fae but that's ok," she said looking at me, I looked at my surroundings.

"Now how did you find me?" She asked me,

"You took two wolves, I was sent to find them," I said, looking at her. She smelled off like she wasn't in her right mind.

"So the Alpha knows?" She said, thinking to herself,

"Yes, but I told him that if I don't make it. Not to come looking for me" I said, smiling at her.

"Damm, but that's ok. I have two Fae and two wolves. More than enough" she said directing at me.

"Don't you want to know how a human could do all this?" She asked me,

"You love power, no crave it," I said, she laughed,

"No, I hate how all of you look down on humans. It took me a while but I found the right book the rest is history" she said,

I looked over the other Fae, I thought I would hate her for using her magic. She looked me straight in my eyes, her face covered and body were bruised up and weak. She was a victim just like the rest of us.

"You have finally come," she said in a low tone,

"You will free me half-blood," she said before the human slapped her.

"Stop, she didn't do anything," I said, the human looked over at me before bending down to the Fae level.

She grabbed an iron blade and slice her face just a bit. The Fae closed her eyes while her body sizzled.

"Stop, stop please," I said to her,

"A Fae that uses please, you are diffidently half human," she said to me,

"What is your name Fae?" She asked me,

"Nora Green," I said, she laughed.

"Green, meaning you have magic over the trees and shit," she said,

"Can you feel their pain or would I need to burn down the entire forest for you to feel it?" She asked me, she is truly a sick human.

"I would feel it regardless, but I don't know your name," I said to her,

"Alice from Alice in Wonderland," she said smiling at me.

I watched her walk out through the front doors, all of us in cages wishing for an end.

"I'll get you all free even if it's the last thing I'll do," I said, hoping Micah made it safe and sound.