VI

All I saw was sunlight, I slowly started to move my head. I turned to my left side, I wasn't in the hospital anymore. It was a beautiful room. I tried to reach for the water but I felt pain on my lower half. I groaned out in pain, closing my eyes.

"Thank the god, let me get you something to drink my Lady," the maid said, she was an older lady with a huge smile.

She helped me up while giving me some water. I didn't realize how much my throat was burning until I felt the cold water going down my throat.

"We were beginning to wonder if you'll ever wake up," she said with a bright smile, I started to get out of the bed when she rushed over.

"No, not yet. Your mind may have rested but your body hasn't. You still need time for the wounds to heal" she said putting me back into the bed, I looked around the room to get any clue to figure out where I was.

"Baby" I slowly said, I needed to drink more water to help my throat.

"She's adorable, we've been taking care of her. She's safe, we'll bring her to you" she said before leaving the room.

I woke up from my sleep to see the sun lower than before. I heard a gurgling sound, there was a crib next to mine.

I managed to get off the bed and walk over to the child. She was smiling at the floating things above her bed. I removed her blankets and checked to see that she wasn't hurt. She smiled as I touched her, she must have thought I was playing with her. Once I felt that she had no harm done to her, I picked her up to carry her.

That's when the door opened, Andrew came in with a tray of food. He smiled at me, before putting the tray on the little table.

"You have to eat, and she has to sleep. She'll get spoiled with everyone carrying her" he told me, as he grabbed her from my arms.

"Why did you save me?" I asked him, he didn't look up at me. Sitting in the rocking chair by the crib.

"I couldn't lose you" he whispered softly, I could barely make out the words before he turned to look at me.

"Sometimes living is the only way to keep on fighting, you may not see it but I do," he said smiling at me,

"Thank you," I said before grabbing some of the food on the tray.

I ate while he feeds the baby and put her back to sleep. He stayed with me until I finished my food, before helping me back into bed. I know he could see me start to protest when he grinned.

"The physicians said that you need to rest a few more days before going back to your old life," he said, grabbing the food and leaving my room.

I settled into the bed, looking up the designs. My mind going through everything to figure out why he saved me. The baby cooed in her sleep, I turned to face her. I had to accept it, I got another chance at life and this time I would make the most of it.

****
"Did you hear she's living with him now?" A woman said as I got closer towards them,

"I heard that they even have a child out of wedlock," another one said, that's when it clicked that there talking about me.

"Shame, what does he see in her?" The first one asked just as I was nearer, they stopped and smiled at me.

"His poor ex-wife, she always wanted a child but he was always busy... and now look at him," the second women said, I couldn't hear them anymore as I had reached my destination. I knocked on the door before opening.

"Lady Nora, it's good to see you walking about," the king said standing up, he motioned for me to the seat which I did.

"How are you feeling now?" He asked me, I smiled at him.